Bilingual Spanish Instructional Assistant
Company: Linn Benton Lincoln ESD
Posted on: January 24, 2023
7.5 hours per day on a 190 day work calendarLocation: - Lincoln
City, ORCompetitive salary and benefits package -If you are
interested in this position you can:Apply at
-http://www.lblesd.k12.or.us/employmentor -Submit a letter of
interest and resume via email to:
-Brittany.Novak@lblesd.k12.or.usor -Drop off or mail a letter of
interest and resume to Brittany Novak at -905 4th Ave SE -Albany,
OR 97321 -Exciting position working with children and their
families in an early learning setting. Join this collaborative team
of teaching staff to provide developmentally appropriate
instruction to preschools with special needs. Additionally, this
position will support the program in providing bi-lingual education
and in reaching our Spanish speaking families. -Employees working
with our Early Intervention/Early Childhood Special Education
Program will need to be enrolled in the Oregon Department of
Education Central Background Registry. - Individuals may be hired,
but are unable to start work until verification of enrollment in
the Registry is complete. - Upon hire LBL will assist with the
registration process. -BILINGUAL SPANISH INSTRUCTIONAL ASSISTANT --
EARLY INTERVENTION/EARLY CHILDHOOD SPECIAL EDUCATION
(EI/ECSE)Classification: - Classified 190 day calendarReports to: -
Early Intervention / Early Childhood Special Education Program
AdministratorFSLA Status: - Non-exempt -POSITION OVERVIEW -This
exciting and dynamic role supports students and families in the
learning environment with a dual-language approach to help
eliminate barriers to accessing education. -Working with kids and
helping them learn academically, socially and behaviorally is what
we do and this role is at the heart of this work. - This bilingual
role welcomes our children and their parents in a way like no
other. This ever rewarding work engages and supports our Spanish
speaking families which is paramount in securing their success.
- At least 18 years of age.
- High School Diploma or equivalent. Relevant college level
course work in Early Childhood Education or ESOL, TOESL
- Three years experience working with children in paid or
- Working knowledge of developmental and physical disabilities in
- Spanish and English competency in both oral and written
communication skills as assessed through assessment tasks within
the interview process. -
- Such alternatives to the above qualifications as the LBL Board
of Directors/Superintendent may find appropriate and
acceptable.GENERAL INFORMATION -This position has the following
expectations and prerequisite abilities.
- Maintain a high level of confidentiality in accordance with
HIPAA and FERPA.
- Maintain compliance with state and federal laws governing all
aspects of our agency including ORSs, OARs, IDEA, FOIA and
- Promotion of equity and diversity in all settings and
understanding and commitment to anti-racists principles. - - - - -
- Ability to work independently, prioritizing tasks to meet
deadlines while maintaining a high level of accuracy.
- Ability to understand and follow oral and written directives
from multiple individuals.
- Demonstrate flexibility and a professional disposition in
working with co-workers, community preschool providers and the
- Demonstrate exceptional skills in building and maintaining a
positive culture, consensus building, and effective and efficient
- Maintain regular attendance at work. Be punctual in meeting
deadlines, attending meetings and following schedules.
- Present self and LBL in a professional manner including
maintaining professional dress standards.
- Participate in in-service training programs and other
professional growth opportunities, as assigned. [Positive Behavior
Interventions and Supports, First Aid, Cardiopulmonary
- Ability to work in a variety of settings, including classroom,
school buildings, office environments and homes.
- Ability to kneel, crouch and sit in child-sized chairs or on
the floor for extended periods of time while working with
- Ability to sit for extended periods of time in a vehicle or
- Strength and agility to assist children with special needs and
ability to lift and carry up to 40 pounds.
- Provide own transportation to numerous settings within a
flexible work schedule.
- Meet requirements of finger-print-based criminal history record
- Carry-out specialist's plans for instruction during individual
and small group activities.
- Carry-out specialist's plans for children in community
- Assist with individual preschool student curriculum based
measurements and language probes.
- Translate program written materials into Spanish for the
students as directed by the specialist.
- Assist in implementation of behavior programs.
- Assist in lifting physically disabled children.
- Work with children to improve eating, dressing, hygiene and
- Stimulate language through receptive and expressive language
programs, and/or augmentative communication strategies.
- Facilitate peer interaction.
- Keep data as required by the specialist.
- Keep teaching materials and other equipment in order.
- Prepare bulletin boards, room decorations and other materials
- Keep attendance records.
- Follow nursing/feeding protocols as trained, which may include
administering medication and recording seizure activity.
- Assist with playground and bus duty.
- Complete data entry, typing and filing as requested by the
- May be asked to send parent IFSP meeting notice using ECWeb
- Utilize teleservice platform to provide services to educators,
students and district staff as directed.SALARY AND BENEFIT
- Salary and benefit information shown are based on full-time
employment (1.0 FTE) based on the current school year
- Placement on the Linn Benton Lincoln ESD Classified salary
schedule will be commensurate with applicant's qualifications,
relevant training, and experience
- Linn Benton Lincoln ESD will provide an Insurance CAP to assist
with health, dental and vision insurance premiums
- Employer paid PERS, holidays, sick leave and personal days are
- Employer paid Life Insurance 1 x annual salary
- Employer paid Basic AD&D and Long Term Disability
- Cell Phone/Data StipendHealth Insurance -Oregon Educators
Benefit Board (OEBB) provides insurance to school and education
service district employees
- Includes medical, dental, vision & prescription insurance
- Monthly premium deducted pre-tax
- LBLESD contributes a monthly CAP/Pool to help offset insurance
- Health Savings Accounts for high deductible plans
- Flexible Spending AccountsCarriers offered are:
- Willamette Dental GroupRetirement
- PERS - Public Employee Retirement System
- For more information visit: state.or.us
- LBLESD pays the 6% employee contribution on behalf of each
- Up to 24 hoursSick Leave
- Up to 96 hours
- Sick Leave Bank
- Employees may opt to donate one day of sick leave to become a
member of the Sick Leave Bank
- Members may request leave from the sick leave bank in the event
of a catastrophic illness or injuryDoctor Appointment Leave
- Up to 3 hours per monthProfessional Development Opportunities
- LBLESD hosts a variety of training classes
- First Aid/CPR classes offered onsite
- Includes workshops and conferencesReasonable accommodations for
the application and interview process will be provided upon request
and as required in accordance with the Americans with Disabilities
Act of 1990. - Individuals with disabilities may contact Human
Resources at 541-812-2624 for additional information and
assistance. - - -Linn Benton Lincoln ESD is an Equal
Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. - -Qualifying veterans and
disabled veterans may obtain preference by submitting with their
completed application a copy of the Certificate of Release or
Discharge from Active Duty (DD Form 214 or 215) or a letter from
the US Dept. of Veteran's Affairs indicating receipt of a
non-service connected pension as verification of eligibility. -
Disabled Veterans must also submit a copy of their veteran's
disability preference letter from the Dept. of Veteran Affairs,
unless the information is included in the DD Form 214 or 215.
Keywords: Linn Benton Lincoln ESD, Salem , Bilingual Spanish Instructional Assistant, Other , Newport, Oregon
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!