Outside Sales Representative
Posted on: March 14, 2019
CenturyLink (NYSE: CTL) is the second largest U.S. communications provider to global enterprise customers. With customers in more than 60 countries and an intense focus on the customer experience, CenturyLink strives to be the world's best networking company by solving customers' increased demand for reliable and secure connections. The company also serves as its customers' trusted partner, helping them manage increased network and IT complexity and providing managed network and cyber security solutions that help protect their business.
At CenturyLink our employees are our most valuable asset; many employees have built successful careers at CenturyLink, growing with us as we have expanded to serve new markets with new technologies. We value the highest ethical standards applied to a positive work environment and seek out people with new perspectives as we acquire talent in careers that will support our continued growth.
Outside Sales Representative
Joining the CenturyLink Field Sales team is an excellent opportunity for you to work in the competitive technology solutions industry.
The CenturyLink Field Sales organization is comprised of our outside sales teams and our account manager teams all of which work in our local markets in a variety of consumer and small business sales segments. You will have an opportunity to learn our dynamic business and work with field based partners and resources. You will work directly with our customers to provide solutions that improve lives, strengthen businesses, and connect communities by delivering advanced technologies and solutions with honest and personal service.
Compensation and Benefits
- Competitive base pay based on your experience and skills
- Generous sales incentives
- Paid training with travel to Denver, CO.
- Medical, Dental, Vision
- Life insurance
- Paid time off & paid holidays
- Wellness rewards
- Discounts on CenturyLink and partner products and services
- 401(k) with company match (from day one)
- Tuition reimbursement (after three months of service)
- Exciting career opportunities and career development
Regular Full-Time employees are scheduled to work at least forty (40) hours per calendar week for an indefinite period of time.
- Manage relationships with indirect, multi development units and big box retailers within territory.
- Meet with assigned multi-dwelling units (MDU's) and/or indirect retail (IR) partners in your territory.
- Build rapport, train, explain roles and responsibilities, provide marketing material, seek out event opportunities to increase penetration and generate revenue.
- Meet and exceed revenue and assigned strategic product unit targets within assigned MDUs and IR partners.
- Ensure compliance of agreements within assigned locations that have an active CenturyLink marketing and partner agreements.
- Work closely with other channels in marketing CenturyLink's products and services. Engage assigned locations in existing and new programs offered by CenturyLink. Identify potential marketing and service contract opportunities within assigned portfolio. Facilitate an evaluation and advance the contract process.
- Become an expert in the competitive environment and be able to communicate regarding competitive offerings while effectively positioning CenturyLink as the best telecommunications choice for assigned locations.
- Identify opportunities for business referrals within assigned portfolio.
- Participate in activities that promote CenturyLink products and services, i.e., trade fairs, city events, etc.
- Build territory by distributing and maintaining current marketing materials.
- Probe and problem solve with customers to offer the right product solutions based on their needs as customer interaction opportunities present themselves.
- Meet monthly sales goals.
- Provide exceptional customer service to all customers, both internal and external. Complete daily activity logs, sales reports, etc.
- Manage mileage and expense reports.
- Maintain valid driver's license, adequate automobile insurance coverage and must have appropriate working vehicle for transportation.
- Performance measures include revenue attainment, unit goal attainment, penetration of customer base and customer retention.
- 3 years outside sales experience preferred.
- Ability to achieve goals and determine priorities.
- Ability to build and execute a marketing plan with Indirect Retail accounts.
- Required to learn company rate plans and products: high-speed internet, Satellite TV, residential telephone, and wireless.
- Required to work varying hours including weekends, evenings and holidays. Relationship building skills are required for this position with the ability to work with internal and external clients at various levels.
- Must be self-motivated and self-disciplined and provide prompt follow-up to all customer inquiries.
- Will build and maintain accurate and up-to-date strategic account plans.
- Must be able to keep organized, accurate records on daily activities and results.
- Strong organizational skills and time management skills are imperative.
- Strong presentation and leadership skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Proficient in all aspects of computer work including internet searches etc.
- Goal oriented.
- Ability to work independently and be able to effectively multi-task.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office suite of products i.e., Word, Excel, Power Point, etc.
- Daily work and tasks are subject to change.
- Valid Driver's License and an acceptable driving record (MVR).
Alternate Location: US-Oregon-Salem
Requisition #: 211031
This job may require successful completion of an online assessment. A brief description of the assessments can be viewed on our website at http://find.centurylink.jobs/testguides/
This position is part of a bargaining unit and represented by a union. Depending upon the applicable collective bargaining agreement under which you may be hired, you may be: (a) required to join the union and pay union dues as a condition of employment; or, (b) required to pay union dues, but not join the union as a condition of employment; or (c) free to chose whether or not to join the union, but if you do join the union you would be obligated to pay union dues.
We are committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all persons regardless of race, color, ancestry, citizenship, national origin, religion, creed, veteran status, disability, medical condition, genetic characteristic or information, age, sex, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, family status, pregnancy, or other legally protected status (collectively, "protected statuses"). We do not tolerate unlawful discrimination in any employment decisions, including recruiting, hiring, compensation, promotion, benefits, discipline, termination, job assignments or training.
The above job definition information has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job. Job duties and responsibilities are subject to change based on changing business needs and conditions.
Keywords: CenturyLink, Salem , Outside Sales Representative, Sales , Salem, Oregon
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!