Sales Account Consultant
Posted on: November 20, 2023
Core-Mark, a Performance Food Group Company, is part of a Fortune
150 company that continues to grow as an industry leader in fresh
and broad-line solutions to the convenience retail industry. Our
reputation of empowering customers, employees, and communities has
allowed us to build over $23 Billion in revenue. Through our
distribution centers, we offer a full range of products, programs,
and solutions to customers across the U.S. and Canada.
We Deliver the Goods:
- Competitive pay and benefits, including Day 1 Health & Wellness
Benefits, Employee Stock Purchase Plan, 401K Employer Matching,
Education Assistance, Paid Time Off, and much more
- Growth opportunities performing essential work to support
America's food distribution system
- Safe and inclusive working environment, including culture of
rewards, recognition, and respect
- Total Target Compensation Range - $70,000 - 85,000
- Monday - Friday Position Summary:
Responsible for the development of sales account business, with
emphasis on overall profitability through both new sales and
account penetration. Also, supports customer service activities for
customers, thereby increasing visibility of the Company in the
marketplace and maximizing market share. Functions as a team member
within the department and organization, as required, and performs
any duty assigned to best serve the company.
- Generates additional business through analyzing individual
customers; samples products with existing and potential customers;
plans general sales strategy including time and territory
management; plans sales approach with individual customers; and
conducts effective sale presentations.
- Grows sales and profit margins on an ongoing basis.
- Sets up new customer accounts by determining pricing; works
with Credit Department for initial authorization; and other center
personnel for scheduling of order-taking, deliveries, etc. Performs
initial follow-up work with customer ensuring delivery and products
- Ensures customer satisfaction by providing an exemplary level
of service by working closely with other center personnel to
coordinate efforts to prevent and resolve customer problems. May be
personally responsible for making deliveries in emergency
- Builds additional business with current customers by selling
them on additional products in order to maximize profitability of
- Minimizes accounts receivable problems by monitoring accounts
for compliance with credit terms and follows-up on any
- Maintains awareness of pricing trends within sales territory,
particularly for products, to ensure competitive pricing.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
High School Diploma/GED or Equivalent Experience
1-2 years foodservice industry sales experience or related
Valid driver's license required.
Bachelors: Business management, sales / marketing or related
2-4 years foodservice industry sales experience.
Performance Food Group and/or its subsidiaries (individually or
collectively, the "Company") provides equal employment opportunity
(EEO) to all applicants and employees, regardless of race, color,
national origin, sex, marital status, pregnancy, sexual
orientation, gender identity, religion, age, disability, genetic
information, veteran status, and any other characteristic protected
by applicable local, state and federal laws and regulations. Please
click on the following links to review: (1) our EEO Policy ; (2)
the "EEO is the Law" poster and supplement ; and (3) the Pay
Transparency Policy Statement .
Keywords: Core-Mark, Salem , Sales Account Consultant, Sales , Salem, Oregon
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!