Front Desk Agent
Company: Trimark Hospitality Management
Posted on: November 18, 2021
Overview Front Desk agents are personally involved in the daily
operations and success of this hotel. The main aspect of the job is
to ensure the guest's stay, from reservation to check-out, is as
efficient and friendly as possible. We want to exceed our guest's
expectations and always go that extra mile to prove how important
they are to our success. Responsibilities include assisting guests
with the check-in and check-out process, being proficient in local
area amenities (nearest restaurants, gas stations, banks/atms, post
offices, shopping, etc), handling guests' concerns immediately and
requesting management assistance if necessary, having a detailed
knowledge of the hotel amenities including all systems in the guest
rooms (phone systems, internet use, movies, long distance phone
calls, how to work the thermostat, etc), and ensuring, through
their actions, the highest level of guest satisfaction possible.
Front Desk agents must sell the value of our hotel and strive to
earn the most reservations and room sales via phone and personal
contact with potential guests. Excellent communication skills, a
professional positive guest-oriented attitude, ability to multitask
efficiently, ability to use a variety of computer applications,
cash handling experience, a presentable professional appearance,
flexibility with scheduling, motivation to complete training,
ability to maintain easy conversation with the public, great
customer service skills, ability to work in a busy environment and
make judgment calls, possess a clear speaking voice and fluency in
English, as well as time management skills are assets that will
help a Front Desk agent excel at their position. Being bi-lingual
is desirable, but not a requirement of employment. Personality /
Physical Requirements You are often times the first representative
of our hotel that a guest comes in contact with, and as such one of
the most important sources of public relations to our business.
Therefore, confidentiality, cheerfulness, friendliness, honesty,
politeness, and tactfulness are important traits that are expected
at all times. Each guest must know they come first. Negative,
unprofessional comments about guests or other team members should
never be expressed in public or to a guest. Keep the 4 R's in mind;
you must be responsible, reliable, respectful, and responsive.
Light maintenance and custodial work is required as needed. This
could include, but is not limited to, plunging toilets, changing
light bulbs, spot mopping, dusting, and pool chemical checks. You
are responsible for maintaining the appearance and organization of
the lobby, common areas, and behind the front desk. Front Desk
agents may also be called upon to entirely turn over a room in
order to re-sell in the event of a check out after housekeeping has
left for the day. Standing/walking, talking on the phone,
computer/typing, people skills, and lifting up to a maximum of 50
pounds are required daily. Major Duties
- Take reservations via phone or in person. This requires
procuring detailed guest information. Collect as much information
about the guest in the reservation stage so that check in will be
- Check guests in and out in an efficient and friendly manner. Be
sure brand points are added to the reservation at check in.
- Answer phones within three rings, route calls, and take
- Respond immediately and follow through answering guest requests
- Offer information, assistance, and directions.
- Communicate with other departments to fulfill guest's needs,
delivering exceptional guest service in every guest encounter.
- Responsible for cash bank, daily paperwork, balancing cash,
credit cards, and deposits at the end of every shift.
- Update information in property management system. Verify bill
with guest, post necessary charges, adjustments, and payments.
- Coordinate and communicate all room moves, late check-outs, and
stay-overs to appropriate personnel.
- Maintain a clear understanding of emergency procedures and
where emergency information is located.
- Check bucket and verify information in the property management
- Report to work at scheduled time in proper, clean uniform with
nametag. Other Duties
- Inspect all equipment and furniture in your daily work area for
any hazards to employees and guests; report all hazards immediately
to management for repair.
- Follow established standards, policies, and work procedures for
the Front Desk.
- Comply with at all times with franchise standards.
- Stock gift shop, and do monthly inventory.
- Coordinate with housekeeping to ensure total guest
- Arrange special services that are requested by guests.
- Prevent loss/damage to hotel supplies and property.
- Communicate and inform next shift of important facts and
information, write down any pertinent information in the Red Book
- Ensure restaurant, area, and public transit maps are always
available for our guests.
PLEASE NOTE: The aforementioned general outline is not to be
considered by the team member as all-inclusive. Team members may be
required from time to time to execute tasks other than those duties
specifically defined above. Should team member be asked to perform
such a task, team member will comply with the request and do so to
the best of his or her abilities. Team member hereby understands
and agrees that he or she will be responsible for performing the
duties described above as well as any tasks so required of him or
Keywords: Trimark Hospitality Management, Salem , Front Desk Agent, Sales , Salem, Oregon
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!