Maintenance Technician - LME
Company: Packaging Corporation Of America
Posted on: September 19, 2023
As a Fortune 500 company, Packaging Corporation of America (PCA)
is an ideas and solutions company. Our corrugated packaging
business seeks to be the leader in helping our customers - large
and small - package, transport and display products of all kinds.
Our white paper business delivers Paper With Purpose by providing
the highest level of customer service and operational excellence.
We have approximately 15,000 team members in more than 100
locations in the United States that strive to meet the local needs
of our customers. Our mission is to serve the needs of our
customers, today and tomorrow, with products and services that
exceed expectations for performance and environmental
People Customers Trust
We are looking to continue building a high-performance maintenance
team. Our Maintenance Mechanic/Electrician Technician salary is
based on skills, knowledge and experience. The maintenance
classifications rates range between $35.18/hr. to $44.04/hr
- Journeyman Millwright $35.18/hr
- Limited Maintenance Technician $39.21/hr
- Manufacturing Plant Electrician $41.09/hr
- Supervising Electrician $43.04/hr
PCA provides a competitive benefits package; including but not
- Paid vacation, sick leave and holidays
- Medical, dental, vision insurance
- 401k with match
- Life and accidental death & dismemberment insurance
- Long & short-term disability
- Stipends for safety shoes & glasses
- Technicians supply their own basic hand tools. PCA provides all
special and heavy tools.
- PCA provides training hours to help technicians advance through
the progressive skill levels and achieve higher pay
- 35-45 cent Shift differential
- Stipend for gym membershipsEXPLANATION:
- Employees (and their dependents) are eligible for medical,
dental, vision, basic life and disability insurance coverage,
subject to applicable waiting periods.
- Employees are:
- Automatically enrolled in PCA's 401k retirement plan at the
time of hire.
- Prorated 40 hours of paid time off after completing 90 days of
- Eligible for 12 holidays after completing 30 days worked.
- Reimbursed up to $150 for safety shoes after completing their
- Eligible for up to $35 per month for monthly fitness
- Shift differential for swing and graveyard shifts.
- Annual gainshare up to 10 percent of 11-month earnings If you
want to be part of an exceptional team with competitive pay and
benefits package, please apply at www.careers.packagingcorp.com
- Perform a variety of maintenance tasks to diagnose, repair,
rebuild, and replace mechanical, electrical, hydraulic, pneumatic
and steam systems on all plant manufacturing and support
- Work as part of a team in a manufacturing operation with a goal
of increasing productivity; decreasing downtime and waste.
- Follow all company safety rules and lock-out tag-out
- Work with a sense of urgency to reduce downtime of
- Must be willing to work all shifts: current openings swing,
grave and weekend teams.
- Be passionate about maintaining a safe and clean work
- Minimum one year of experience successfully troubleshooting and
repairing industrial manufacturing equipment.
- Proper general maintenance and troubleshooting practices or
- Ability to read and interpret blueprints, tables, charts,
- Demonstrated ability to read equipment instruction manuals;
align equipment to specified tolerances; machine and fitting shop
- Troubleshooting and repair of mechanical and/or electrical
equipment experience including pumps, gearboxes, fans and
- Knowledge of hydraulic and pneumatic systems.
- Must have good interpersonal skills, excellent planning and
organizing skills, ability to work independently, and a high degree
- Must be willing to pursue ongoing technical training to enhance
- Ability to work any shift, overtime, and weekends as
- Must be authorized to work in the U.S.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Good computer skills
- Must be able to progress to A level mechanic within 36
- Willingness and ability to work all shifts.
- Must provide own basic tools. PCA will provide specialized
- 2 to 5 years of practical application experience in mechanical,
electrical, hydraulic, steam and pneumatic maintenance
- Journeyman Millwright Card or 5+ years of experience in
successfully troubleshooting and repairing industrial machinery and
technical degree in related field.
- Ability to obtain State of Oregon Limited Maintenance
Electrician license within 3 years of start date.
- Technical degree and/or comparable experience in successfully
troubleshooting and repairing industrial machinery and equipment;
particularly within the corrugated or packaging industry Electrical
- Basic computer skills for diagnostic equipment.
- Knowledge of working, troubleshooting and programming of
- 2+ years of experience in successfully troubleshooting and
repairing industrial machinery and/or technical degree in related
- Experience in a manufacturing environment, particularly within
the corrugated or packaging industry.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES:
- Ability to work safely in a fast-paced environment.
- Must be able to acquire and/or retain a multi-craft skill set.
The candidate must be able to acquire the skills of both mechanic
- Willingness and ability to share ideas with others to solve
problems of essential importance.
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to build
relationships with coworkers.
- Ability to work alone and in a team environment.
- Ability to learn quickly and with attention to detail.
- Willingness and ability to work in manufacturing environment
with varying temperatures.
- Must be capable of recognizing sounds of moving equipment and
machinery for safety purposes and identifying machine issues.
- Willingness to work with constant noise at a level requiring
the use of hearing protection All qualified applicants must apply
at Careers.packagingcorp.com to be considered.
All qualified applicants must apply at Careers.packagingcorp.com to
PCA is an Equal Opportunity Employer - Veterans/Disabled and other
Associated topics: crew, jardinero, landfill, landscaping, lawn,
podadore, rug, superintendent, tree maintenance, trimmer
Keywords: Packaging Corporation Of America, Salem , Maintenance Technician - LME, Professions , Salem, Oregon
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!