Medical Laboratory Technician, I
Posted on: November 25, 2022
To perform laboratory tests and processes within scope of
practice in an accurate and timely manner.Essential
- Perform and reporT lab tests according to work instructions:
Process patient specimens according to priority and document
results. Review patient reports for accuracy before release. Alert
clinicians and appropriate designees of abnormal results.
- Monitor test accuracy through performance and evaluation of
quality control: Perform instrument maintenance and calibration
according to standard operating procedure. Assay quality control
and proficiency testing materials. Execute corrective actions and
document if controls are not within specified limits.
- Problem solve by auditing specimen integrity and
identification. Identify test discrepancies. Investigate or
initiate inquiries; troubleshoot any malfunctioning equipment or
test system and repair if possible. Refer problems to technologist,
specialist, supervisor, manager or pathologist as needed. Answer
inquiries about department policies and procedures.
- Maintain clean and well-organized work area with adequate
supplies and reagents. Order and/or prepare reagents and supplies
- Maintain technical competency. Attend all required training,
education, and meetings.
- Assist with orientation and training of new employees or
students.Basic Qualifications: -Experience
- N/A - -Education
- Associates degree in laboratory science or documented education
as defined by the Clinical Laboratory Personnel Requirements under
CLIA. -License, Certification, Registration
- Medical Technologist Certificate OR Medical Lab Scientist
Certificate from American Society for Clinical Pathologists OR
Medical Lab Technician Certificate OR American Medical Technologist
Medical Technologist Certificate OR American Medical Technologist
Medical Lab Technician Certificate -Additional Requirements:
- Completion of approved two (2) years of program for Medical
- Ability to communicate in the English language.
- Phlebotomy skills.
- Manual dexterity.
- Communication and interpersonal relationship skills.
- Basic computer skills.
- Ability to prioritize and organize. -Preferred
- Two (2) or more years of clinical laboratory experience.
- Working knowledge of specific laboratory analytical equipment.
-Notes:--- -Monday, Friday, with rotating weekends and holidaysJob
Schedule: Job Category: Laboratory
Keywords: Kaiser, Salem , Medical Laboratory Technician, I, Professions , Salem, Oregon
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!