Data Analyst I
Posted on: November 22, 2022
Nelnet is a diversified and innovative company committed to
enriching lives through the power of service as a student loan
servicer, professional services company, consumer loan originator
and servicer, payments processor, and K-12 and higher education
expert. For over 40 years, Nelnet has been serving its customers,
associates, and communities.The perks of working at Nelnet go
beyond our benefits package. When you join the Nelnet team, you're
part of a community invested in the success of each individual.
That support comes through in our work, as we are united by our
mission of creating opportunities for people where they live,
learn, and work.Data Analyst on the Federal Loan Analytics team*The
ideal candidate for this position will live in or near Lincoln, NE
or Madison, WI with the option of working a hybrid, remote or fully
in-office schedule.*We are seeking a talented data analyst who
- Utilize their skillset to mine and pull complex datasets.
- Have the business intelligence to interpret the data and
analyze for trends, correlations, and other key
- Provide strategic and defensible recommendations for improving
our systems, processes, and strategies based upon findings
supported by research and data analysis.
- Effectively compile, package, present and discuss analysis and
insights with customers in an impactful narrative or visual
- Develop reports and dashboards to communicate performance and
deliver insight to customers while monitoring data quality
- Continuously seek out opportunities to add value through
process automation and programmatic solutions to manual tasks.
- Be proactive to customer needs and support the Nelnet
Management team as our primary customer.Additional
- Employment and continued employment are contingent upon
obtaining and maintaining a favorable government security
- Must reside in the United States and be a United States
- This process involves collecting and providing 7 years of
previous work experience, previous addresses, and contact
information of people that can verify this information
- Must not be delinquent or in default withany federal debt
- Final suitability determination is the sole discretion of the
Department of EducationEDUCATION:4-year college degree preferred or
equivalent experience neededEXPERIENCE:1 year of data analytics
with proven track record of experience matching the summary above.
Preferable to see examples or published work.COMPETENCIES
- Technical skill-setCompetency with extracting, manipulating,
querying data in a variety of database systems - programming:
Microsoft T-SQL, PostgreSQL.Familiarity with data access and
structuring tools (Coginiti for Netezza/AWS, Python, SQL Server
Analytics Services, SQL Server Management Studio).Familiarity with
reporting and dashboarding software (e.g. Microsoft Power BI,
DAX.Expertise with Microsoft Excel, including formulas, charts and
Pivot Tables.Familiarity with scripting languages: Python for data
manipulation and process automation.Familiarity with data mapping,
cleansing, and editing as well as Extract, Transform, and Load
processes (ETL) using Python and Visual Studio.
- Exceptional critical thinking and problem solving skills.
- Ability to conceptualize and analyze complex business
- Excellent oral/written and interpersonal communication
- Negotiation, facilitation and presentation skills.
- Ability to define and achieve business goals and deadlines
while working both independently & collaboratively.
- Customer-focused philosophy.
- Ability to manage multiple conflicting priorities and
consistently meet deadlines.
- Ability to meet and manage customer expectations in a
professional and timely manner.
- Student loan/finance industry experience preferred.Salary range
for this role is $50K-$70KOur benefits package includes medical,
dental, vision, HSA and FSA, generous earned time off, 401K/student
loan repayment, life insurance & AD&D insurance, employee
assistance program, employee stock purchase program, tuition
reimbursement, performance-based incentive pay, short- and
long-term disability, and a robust wellness program. Click here to
learn more about our benefits: LINK
(http://nelnetinc.com/careers/benefits/) .Nelnet is an Equal
Opportunity Employer, complies with Executive Order 11246, and
takes affirmative action to ensure that qualified applicants are
employed, and that employees are treated during employment, without
regard to race, color, religion/creed, national origin, gender, or
sex, marital status, age, disability, use of a guide dog or service
animal, sexual orientation, military/veteran status, or any other
status protected by Federal or State law or local
ordinance.Qualified individuals with disabilities who require
reasonable accommodations in order to apply or compete for
positions at Nelnet may request such accommodations by contacting
Corporate Recruiting at 402-486-5725 or
email@example.com .Nelnet is a Drug Free and Tobacco
Free Workplace.You may know Nelnet as the nations largest student
loan servicer but we do more than that. A lot more. Were also a
professional services company, consumer loan originator and
servicer, payment processor, renewable energy innovator, and K-12
and higher education expert (and thats just a shortlist). For over
40 years, weve been serving our customers, associates, and
communities to make dreams possible.EEO Info
(https://nelnetinc.com/wp-content/uploads/EEO-poster.pdf) - EEO
- FMLA Info
Keywords: Nelnet, Salem , Data Analyst I, Professions , Salem, Oregon
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!