Manufacturing Production Assistant
Company: Express Employment Pros/Stoller Group - Salem
Posted on: September 24, 2022
Manufacturing Production AssistantSchedule: M-F, 8 hours per day
(may work overtime if needed)Pay: $18+ DOEDuration: Seasonal, but
for the successful and highly motivated candidate, there -may be an
-opportunity to be hired on.Primary Job Purposes:The Production
Assistant is a fast-paced job that requires accuracy. This dynamic
position supports Production, Shipping, Receiving, and Facilities.
In this fast-paced position you will support Production by
maintaining stock levels, performing production duties, fulfilling
shipping functions, and keeping the workplace clean and running
efficiently. You will also be responsible for helping with
Facilities in keeping the outside of the building maintained and
helping with maintenance duties. -Principal
Accountabilities:Production Assistance:Maintaining general stock
which refers to preparation work: always keeping stock available
for production, including advanced kitting, cutting tubing to size,
panel cutting, filling boxes, rolls on rollers, etc. all these must
always be maintained to keep production running smoothly.
- Physical Inventory Management
- Receiving Products
- Help load/unload trucks
- Shipping Quotes
- Quality Control
- SafetyOrder Fulfillment:Production Assistant is responsible for
Order fulfillment (shipping) and offers support as needed. Employee
is expected to fulfill shipments going out with high levels of
accuracy and in a timely matter. The goal is to ship all orders
within a day.
- Package and ship orders
- Confirm correct shipping information
- Make sure all outgoing packages and Will-Call orders represent
-company -brand and customer expectations.Key Facilities
Responsibilities:Facilities Maintenance requires
cleaning/maintaining warehouse with a focus on safety and
organization. Employee is expected to sweep regularly, pick up
messes, keep workstations cleaned, make sure tools are in their
correct place. - Actively search for and remove any safety hazards.
Adhere to the 5S procedure.
- Conduct critical daily and weekly facilities checklist
activities that include
- Equipment safety checks
- Site cleanliness
- Workstation cleanup, preparation, and other "set in order"
- Maintain adequate supplies and consumables
- Conduct standardization activities e.g. production and
- Company garbage and refuse collection and disposal
- Maintain greenhouse village cleanliness and wash greenhouses
- Run company errands including
- Material pick-ups
- Occasional product deliveries
- Vehicle and equipment maintenance errands
- Setup, takedown, and prepare for company trade shows
- Prepare, hookup, and test company trailers for safe travel
- Help load, secure, and configure show materials for
- Support company food growing and test greenhouse activities
- Help plant new starts
- Coordinate soil delivery and aid in composting activities
- Support food growing program as necessary
- Aid in the coordination of site construction and maintenance
- Coordinate with contractors
- Schedule facilities maintenance events
- Evaluate providers
- Support R&D activities
- Organize and maintain company tools, materials, and
- Support R&D construction and fabrication activities -Other
Job duties/functions could include:
- Assistance with Testing and Creating Processes
- Serving on Department and Cross-Functional TeamsQualifications:
- High School diploma and/or GED
- Must be proficient in English, both oral and written
- Must be able to read and follow directions.
- Basic math skills required.
- Stand/walk: working in the warehouse on concrete floor for
majority of the time (8-hour shift). This includes walking around
and standing/working in a stationary position for several hours or
more. Physical fitness enough to operate equipment in a standing
position for prolonged periods of time
- Kneel, crouch, and crawl: there will be many occasions where
these will be performed, such as bending down to pick up
boxes/other objects or crouch down to clean an
- Ability to operate company vehicles including valid driver''s
license, minimum 1 year of driving experience, and maintain safe
- Climb: Occasionally ascends/descends a ladder or in a man lift
basket by a forklift.
- Ability to occasionally lift and carry a minimum of 75 pounds,
routinely lift and carry a minimum of 25 pounds
- Carry weight/ lift: handling/working with 1 - 600lbs rolls of
plastic, carry heavy boxes 10lbs - 50lbs, and moving 100lbs plus
boxes (with hand truck or with assistance).
- Sound: working with saws and other loud equipment (ear
protection is provided).To be considered for this position, please
complete your application online and submit your resume to .If you
have any questions, please call our office at 503.399.1200 and ask
to speak with Recruiter regarding the "Production Assistant"
Keywords: Express Employment Pros/Stoller Group - Salem, Salem , Manufacturing Production Assistant, Professions , Salem, Oregon
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!