Substation Construction Manager (short term 2-4 month project)
Posted on: June 22, 2022
CONSTRUCTION MANAGER**Please note that this role will be
supporting immediate project work that will range from 2-4 months
in duration OVERVIEW
- Required to have a bachelor's degree in engineering or
equivalent work experience and a minimum of 5-10 years of
experience with construction management in the power delivery
industry (specific to substation project work).
- This individual will direct the construction management of the
- This position reports to the Project Director and is
responsible for all construction activities as well as construction
support for start-up and technical activities.RESPONSIBILTIES
- Aggressively manages and inspects the day-to-day activities of
multiple electric contractor crews, for substation project
- Facilitates the installation of electric infrastructure and
ensures that all safety standards, company construction standards,
company specifications and governmental regulations are met.
- Manages work to ensure that all performance objectives for
cycle time and cost are on target.
- Oversees and directs contractors performing electric cable
installations and electric cut-ins.
- Makes the proper notification to all federal, state and local
agencies before, during and after construction as required.
- Prior to commencement of construction, coordinates with
customer(s) at the job-site to determine specific customer
requirements, construction sequencing and provides site readiness
- Maintains frequent and regular contact with contractor
supervision regarding job performance and documents results
- Knowledgeable about distribution contracts.
- Ensures that the terms and conditions of the contract and
technical specifications are met.
- Verifies key unit quantities.
- Makes the necessary field decisions regarding job changes and
communicates them as necessary to the Supervisor and Program or
Project Manager; documents all job changes to ensure compliance and
ensures the updates get documented in the appropriate information
- Schedules and coordinates all required electric system outages.
Performs weekly safety audits of crews and documents performance in
the Asset Suite Safety Audit/Observation Tool.
- Coordinates permit and work-with requirements with 3rd party
utilities and permit agencies.
- Reviews and approves all documents submitted by the contractor
verifying the accuracy and completeness of the documentation.
- Regularly communicates job status to the appropriate parties to
facilitate scheduling commitments.
- Maintains customer coordination during construction phase and
conducts job walk-down with customer and contractor at job
- Performs storm duty assignments as needed.
- Reports to service center, job-site or remote locationKNOWLEDGE
- Thorough knowledge of Company work, environmental, and safety
practices, including a working knowledge of electric operations,
and the ability to maintain or obtain switching and outage
- In-depth knowledge of materials, construction standards,
regulations (OSHA), and safety requirements for electric
distribution and substation construction.
- Thorough knowledge of PC and job/work management applications
including AS8, Atlas, Mobile Maps & MS Office Suite.SKILLS /
- Ability to interpret construction and vendor drawings, feeder
prints and job jacket contents.
- Ability to effectively plan, schedule, manage and coordinate
daily work activities.
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to anticipate and
resolve problems promptly.
Keywords: PFES, Salem , Substation Construction Manager (short term 2-4 month project), Professions , Jefferson, Oregon
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!