Salem, OR- Material Handler-DC 3rd Shift
Company: Campbell Arnott
Posted on: May 10, 2022
Imagine...working for a company that knows that its people are
the key to its success in the marketplace. A company in which
achieving extraordinary results and having a stimulating work
experience are part of the same process.
We cultivate and embrace a diverse employee population. We
recognize that people with diverse backgrounds, experiences and
perspectives fuel our growth and enrich our global culture.
We are looking for an individual who enjoys working in a
fast-paced, team oriented environment, likes to be challenged, and
values the opportunity to make a difference.
The Material Handler is responsible for receiving, storing, picking
and distributing material and products within establishment.
* Reads production schedule, customer order, work order, shipping
order, or requisition to determine items to be moved, gathered, or
* Transports materials and items from receiving or production areas
to storage or to other designated areas.
* Sorts and places materials or items on racks, shelves, or in bins
according to predetermined sequence such as size, type, style,
color, or product code.
* Fills requisitions, work orders, or requests for materials, or
other stock items and distributes items to production areas.
* Assembles customer orders from stock and places orders on
* Marks materials with identifying information.
* Opens bales, crates, and other containers.
* Records amounts of materials or items received or
* Weighs or counts items for distribution within plant to ensure
conformance to company standards.
* Certified to drive material handling equipment.
* Transports stored items within the warehouse.
* Loads and unloads trailers of palletized and non-palletized
* Utilizes manual and automated material handling equipment.
* Practices and adheres to appropriate safety and hygiene
guidelines/procedures for safe housekeeping and personal
* Keeps work area clean and removes trash from work area floor.
* Stores supplies in designated areas.
* Keeps work area aisles/exits clear and free from
* Follows instructions for safe lifting/carrying of various sizes,
shapes, and weights; identifies/reports defective equipment.
* Reports all job-related injuries to supervision.
* Takes photos of incoming or outgoing load and log items and
pictures for documentation.
* Uses computer to enter records.
* Where applicable, climbs and works at the heights of material
* May climb on top or into tank trailers to check seals and take
* May prepare and takes a cycle count inventory of all merchandise;
records counts on cycle count sheets.
* Mandatory overtime may be required.
* Supports and participates in Continuous Improvement initiatives
including 5S (sort, set, shine, standardize, and sustain).
* May perform other duties as required.
High School Diploma or GED and/or 1-year production experience in a
manufacturing environment required. Previous experience with Oracle
or similar based WMS system; a minimum of 1 year experience in a
warehouse position; previous forklift experience is preferred.
* Sitting: Frequently
* Standing: Frequently
* Walking: Frequently
* Driving: Frequently
* Using hands: Frequently
* Climbing: Occasionally
* Stooping, Kneeling: Occasionally
* Talking, Hearing: Continuously
* Tasting, Smelling: Seldom
* Floor to Waist Lift: Frequently
* Waist to Eye Lift: Occasionally
* Two Handed Carry: Occasionally
Up to 100 lbs.: Frequently
The noise level in the work environment is quiet in the office
areas but moderate on the warehouse floor. Temperature is ambient
and impacted by seasonal changes.
The Company is committed to providing equal opportunity for
employees and applicants in all aspects of the employment
relationship, without regard to race, color, sex, sexual
orientation, gender identity, national origin, citizenship, marital
status, veteran status, disability, age, religion or any other
classification protected by law.
In that regard, U.S. applicants and employees are protected from
discrimination based on certain categories protected by Federal
law. Click here for additional information.
Keywords: Campbell Arnott, Salem , Salem, OR- Material Handler-DC 3rd Shift, Professions , Salem, Oregon
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!