CNC Lathe Machinist - Weekend
Company: ATI Metals
Posted on: September 12, 2019
Creating Long-Term Value Thru Relentless Innovation®
ATI is a global manufacturer of technically advanced specialty
materials and complex components. Our products support diverse
markets and industries such as aerospace and defense, oil & gas,
electrical energy, medical, automotive, and other industrial
The Computer Numerical Control (CNC) Lathe Machinist I reports to
the Superintendent, Operations, and is responsible for set-up and
operation of CNC machines to produce machined parts. The CNC Lathe
Machinist I works in high-paced environment, maintaining quality
and safety standards, keeping accurate records, and maintaining
equipment and supplies.
* Maintains safe operations by adhering to safety procedures and
* Sets up lathes to program instructions or Roadmaps.
* Verifies settings by measuring positions (Indicator) first-run
part proofs outs (FAI).
* Maintains equipment by completing preventive maintenance
* Maintains quality standards in accordance with ISO 9001 &
* Loads and unloads parts according to standard work
* Works effectively in a team environment and independently.
* Reads, understands and interprets technical information (e.g.
drawings, work orders, handbooks, industry standards and
*It is ATI's policy to not provide immigration sponsorship for any
of the company's positions.
ATI and its subsidiary companies will provide equal employment
opportunities to all applicants without regard to applicant's race,
color, religion, sex, gender, genetic information, national origin,
age, veteran status, disability status, or any other status
protected be federal or state law. The company will provide
reasonable accommodations to allow an applicant to participate in
the hiring process if so requested.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities typically required to perform the
essential functions of this job:
* Various CNC Controls such as Fanuc, Siemens, and Heidenhain.
* Measuring methods using gauging instruments.
* Mathematics applications, including daily usage of fundamentals
* Computer Aided Manufacturing (CAM) preferred.
* The understanding of standard blue prints and geometric
dimensioning and tolerancing (GD&T).
* Machining and holding tolerances of +/- .005'.
* Identify, but not replace worn and broken tools.
* Operate a single machine.
* Manage tooling independently, as well as live tooling.
Education, Certifications and Experience:
* High school diploma, or equivalent is required.
* At least 1 year of CNC work experience and/or trade school
* At least 1 year of experience turning 2 axis' is required.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected
Keywords: ATI Metals, Salem , CNC Lathe Machinist - Weekend, Other , Salem, Oregon
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!