Institution Registered Nurse Pool - MacLaren Youth Correctional Facility
Company: Oregon Youth Authority
Posted on: September 12, 2019
Location: MacLaren - OYA
Initial Posting Date:07/12/2019 Application Deadline:12/31/2019
Agency:Oregon Youth Authority Salary Range:5,187.00 - 7,510.00
Position Type:Employee Position Title:Institution Registered Nurse
Pool - MacLaren Youth Correctional Facility Job Description:
OREGON YOUTH AUTHORITY
Health Services Nurse - Institutional Registered Nurse
Woodburn, Oregon "MACLAREN YOUTH CORRECTIONAL FACILITY
Are you a Registered Nurse looking for your next rewarding
Consider joining our Health Services division and help us as we
operate under the principle that youth need to be healthy in mind
and body in order to actively participate in reformation
programs.Join our amazing team today! The Health Services Clinic
Nurse promotes and maintains the physical and mental health of the
youth in custody committed to an OYA youth correctional facility.--
This position is responsible for the provision of comprehensive
health care services to youth. This position assumes primary
responsibility for direct professional nursing care to youth in
custody having physical and mental health complaints and develops
nursing care plans.A Little About OYA:The Oregon Youth Authority is
a national leader in the juvenile justice field, pioneering the
implementation of a positive human development framework for its
work with staff and youth, and using data to match the right youth
with the right services. The mission of OYA is to protect the
public and reduce crime by holding youth accountable and providing
opportunities for reformation in safe environments.Please take a
moment to watch this quick video about Oregon Youth Authority, our
team and our culture--bit.ly/work4OYA. For more information please
- Multiple Positions: This recruitment announcement will be used
to establish a list of qualified candidates to fill current
vacancies - permanent, full-time, part-time and temporary positions
with varying shifts.--When MacLaren Youth Correctional Facility has
an opening, your application will be reviewed at that time.
- Representation:This position is represented by the Service
Employees International Union (SEIU/OPEU). DUTIES &
RESPONSIBILITIESDuties that require direct involvement with the
- Holds daily sick-call and as-needed evaluations.
- Performs comprehensive observations and assesses youth's mental
and physical condition.-- Develops nursing care plans when
- Initiates appropriate treatment according to current medical
and nursing treatment plans of care.
- Performs admission screening according to standard
- Evaluates youth returning from unauthorized absence and parole
violations according to standard procedure.
- Provides emergency and first aid evaluations and treatment, as
required, sustaining vital functions.-- Refers patients to
appropriate emergency provider.
- Assists medical, dental, psychiatric, and psychological
providers with examination and reports.
- Performs destruction of unused or outdated medication
- Performs discharge planning functions to ensure continuity of
care. Ensures youth is educated regarding health conditions, health
care needs and medication prior to discharge. Provides routine
health care as required:
- Initiates appropriate health care intervention according to
health care priorities identified in procedure and standing order
- Carries out physician/dentist/nurse practitioner orders,
ensuring they are appropriate, by observation and feedback from
staff members, youth and youth's family.-- Evaluates effectiveness
of care and adjusts accordingly while being consistent with best
practices of the nursing profession.
- Collects laboratory specimens and samples for testing and
- Administers routine blood draws.
- Provides health care-related patient education.
- Coordinates youth health care by scheduling services for
on-site and community-based services. Recordkeeping and Clinic
- Maintains accurate, legible and complete records of patient
care in electronic Medical record (HER) including chart
documentation, objective data collection, treatment provided,
evaluation of treatment effectiveness, patient education provided,
and the writing of nursing care plans.
- Maintains records security and confidentiality as per Oregon
- Enters essential youth-related health information into Juvenile
Justice Information System (JJIS).
- Maintains appointment schedules for health care providers.
- OYA facilities are tobacco free environments.
- Shift work in a 24-hour, 7-day a week operation, with night
shifts, weekends, holidays, and overtime as required.
- Frequent exposure to verbal abuse, threats, and dealing with
impulsive, rebellious, assaultive youth.
- The--use of--reasonable force in the performance of duties or
during a disturbance or other emergency situation may be required.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS:Possess a valid Oregon Registered
Professional Nurse's License at the time of appointment.Special
- Possess an active CPR card Desired Attributes: We may show
preference to candidates whose application materials demonstrate
- Experience working with an Electronic Health Record
- Knowledge of medical ethics.
- Experience working in a team environment in a variety of
environments and situations.
- Experience prioritizing and completing work assignments with
Pre-employment Checks:We will conduct criminal background checks on
final candidates including current OYA employees. All applicants
are subject to additional pre-employment check(s) such as driver
license, fingerprint based on criminal records check,
pre-employment drug screening and/or education verification as
required for the position.-- --OYA is responsible for complying
with the Federal Prison Rape Elimination Act (PREA 42 U.S.C. 1997).
PREA prohibits the Oregon Youth Authority from hiring, promoting,
or contracting with anyone (that will have direct contact with
residents) who has engaged in, been convicted of, or been civilly
or administratively adjudicated for engaging in sexual abuse in
confinement settings. For more information regarding PREA please
visit: http://www.justice.gov/opa/pr/2012/May/12ag-635.html-- This
standard requires OYA to conduct criminal background checks,
conduct a check of the state's child abuse registry, and made its
best efforts to contact prior institutional employers to obtain
this information.-- The Center for Disease Control (CDC) requires
correctional organizations to ensure that their employees are
Tuberculosis (TB) free. All OYA employees are required to submit to
a two-step TB test which is currently the requirement of the CDC to
establish a TB free "base line." Rather than OYA conducting the
test, employees may choose to work with their personal health care
providers to provide the agency with medical documentation that
demonstrates that they are TB free. If offered employment and you
accept, OYA will offer you the TB testing, and if you refuse, OYA
will require the necessary documentation from your personal health
care provider as a condition of employment.Veteran's Points:
Eligible veterans who meet the qualifications will be given
veterans' preference. To receive preference, veterans must attach
appropriate documentation as outlined by the Department of
Administrative Services at the following website:--Veterans
Resources. Veterans may also call the Oregon Department of
Veterans' Affairs at 1-(see application details).
Note:--DD214 member 1 copies do not contain character of service
and cannot be used to verify veterans' preference eligibility.
Please attach DD214 member 2 or 4.
Questions and Application Support:
- For questions about the job announcement, call (see application
details) or email (see application details). THE OREGON YOUTH
AUTHORITY IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY, AFFIRMATIVE ACTION EMPLOYER,
COMMITTED TO SELECTING, TRAINING, SUPPORTING AND EMPOWERING A
COMPETENT AND DIVERSE WORKFORCE.
Keywords: Oregon Youth Authority, Salem , Institution Registered Nurse Pool - MacLaren Youth Correctional Facility, Other , Salem, Oregon
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!