92W Water Treatment Specialist
Company: Army National Guard
Posted on: March 15, 2019
92W Water Treatment Specialist
Job ID: 1057587
Job Views: 16
Location: SALEM, Oregon, United States
ZIP Code: 97309
Job Category: Logistics Support
Age Requirements: Must be between the ages of 17 and 35
If you're interested in a career in environmental health, join the Army National Guard as a Water Treatment Specialist. This role is paramount to the health and safety of your fellow Soldiers, and you will be the one to ensure that they live and work in sanitary conditions.
Your duties will include: site reconnaissance and preparation for water treatment activity; set up equipment and facilities; operation and maintenance of water treatment equipment; management of portable water supplies; monitoring the storage, transport, and disposal of waste; water quality analysis and testing; and the inspection of facilities and food supplies for the presence of disease, germs, and other environmentally hazardous conditions.
* Interest in algebra, biology, chemistry, and general science
* High attention to detail
* Interest in protecting the environment
Through your training, you will develop the skills and experience to enjoy a civilian career as a food and drug inspector, public health inspector, health and safety inspector, or an industrial hygienist.
Earn While You Learn
Instead of paying to learn these skills, get paid to train. In the Army National Guard, you will learn these valuable job skills while earning a regular paycheck and qualifying for tuition assistance.
After 10 weeks of Basic Training, where you will learn fundamental Soldiering skills, you will attend 14 weeks of Advanced Individual Training that will include a combination of hands-on and classroom training where you will learn how to identify health hazards and how to inspect food products, food service operations, wastewater, and waste disposal facilities. You may even qualify for a certified apprenticeship in this occupation.
* Paid training
* A monthly paycheck
* Montgomery GI Bill
* Federal and State tuition assistance
* Retirement benefits for part-time service
* Low-cost life insurance (up to $400,000 in coverage)
* 401(k)-type savings plan
* Student Loan Repayment Program (up to $50,000, for existing loans)
* Health care benefits available
* VA home loans
* Bonuses, if applicable
* Most non-prior service candidates will earn between $200 and $250 per drill weekend, subject to change
* Military enlistment in the Army National Guard
* Must be at least a junior in high school, or have a high school diploma or a GED certificate
* Must be between the ages of 17 and 35
* Must be able to pass a physical exam and meet legal and moral standards
* Must meet citizenship requirements (see NATIONALGUARD.com for details)
Requires military enlistment. Programs and benefits are subject to change. Ask your Army National Guard recruiter for the most up-to-date information. Actual MOS assignment may depend on MOS availability.
This position may qualify for a bonus, ask your National Guard recruiter for the most up-to-date information.
Keywords: Army National Guard, Salem , 92W Water Treatment Specialist, Other , Salem, Oregon
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!