Company: Sonic Anatomic Pathology
Posted on: November 19, 2023
Job Functions, Duties, Responsibilities and Position
Qualifications: Pacific Pathology Associates, Inc, a Sonic
Healthcare USA partner, is recruiting for a Full-Time Histology
Technician to join our team in the desirable Willamette Valley. We
are seeking candidates interested in a dynamic multi-specialty
pathology practice. We are located in a cancer center-affiliated
medical center and interpret surgical pathology, cytopathology, and
other specimens. We also serve 5 hospitals and 225 outpatient
offices in 17 cities in the Mid-Willamette Valley Region of
Oregon.Location: Salem, OR 97301 Days: Monday - FridayHours: 4:30
AM - 1:00 PM (Saturday On-Call Rotation)Full-time: Benefit Eligible
- Prepares sections of human tissue for microscopic examination
and patient diagnosis, using techniques to gross (dissect tissue),
embed (orient specimen in paraffin block), section (cut thin
sections of tissue), stain (enhance contrast of tissue and
highlight specific features of interest with routine hematoxylin
and eosin stains), and mount tissue (adhere tissue onto glass
slides), from surgical procedures.
- Performs recuts and additional stains including special and
- Operates tissue processors to fix, dehydrate, and infiltrate
with wax, tissue specimens preserved for histologic examination by
- Maintains laboratory equipment and tracks all routine
maintenance and quality controls performed.
- Files, retrieves, and distributes blocks, slides, and pathology
- Examines slides and/or blocks to ensure tissue preparation is
meeting laboratory requirements.
- Trains or directs Laboratory Assistants and Histology
Technicians engaged in laboratory testing and processing
- Bachelor's Degree in the field of Laboratory Science or
equivalent under the 1988 Clinical Laboratory Improvement
Amendments (CLIA) guidelines of high complexity testing.
- State licensure, if applicable.
- Certified or eligible for Board of Certification (BOC) by the
American Society of Clinical Pathologists (HTL/ASCP). Experience:
- Completion of a Histology program accredited by the National
Accrediting Agency for
- Clinical Laboratory Sciences (NAACLS) or minimum of one (1)
year experience as a Histology Technician Trainee and competent in
the areas of embedding, microtomy, grossing, special stains, and
immunohistochemistry. Requirements :
- Successful completion of a post-employment visual color
- Successful completion of annual education units per ASCP
guidelines. Company: Sonic Anatomic PathologyScheduled Weekly
Hours:40Work Shift:Job Category:Laboratory OperationsCompany:Aurora
Diagnostics LLC Sonic Healthcare USA is an equal opportunity
employer that celebrates diversity and is committed to an inclusive
workplace for all employees. We prohibit discrimination and
harassment of any kind based on race, color, sex, religion, age,
national origin, disability, genetics, veteran status, sexual
orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other
characteristic protected by federal, state, or local laws.
Keywords: Sonic Anatomic Pathology, Salem , Histotechnician, Other , Salem, Oregon
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!