Company: Yakima Valley Farm Workers Clinic
Posted on: March 14, 2023
YVFWC has a compulsory vaccination policy including the Covid-19
primary series, the organization does not mandate the Covid-19
booster although it is offered through our employee health
department. Medical and religious exemptions to the primary series
will be considered and for those approved, the employee should
anticipate following appropriate guidance around masking and other
protective equipment offered.
Directs programs and work designed to maintain a clean and safe
environment for the public and staff on the grounds of the clinic
sites year around. Supervises those conducting maintenance and
cleaning duties of buildings, grounds and specified equipment.
What We Offer
- $19-$24/hour DOE with ability to go higher for highly
- 100% employer-paid health insurance for employees including
Medical, Dental, Vision, Rx, 24/7 telemedicine; profit sharing,
403(b) retirement plan, generous paid time off, paid holidays,
uniform allowance, and more.
- Ensures that assigned buildings, grounds, and other designated
areas are properly serviced and maintained in accordance with
- Ensures specified equipment items are properly serviced and
maintained; including the heating, ventilation, and air
conditioning (HVAC) units and Maintenance Department vehicles.
- Implements and administers the corporate-wide Yakima Valley
Farm Workers Clinic (YVFWC) Facility Utilities System program and
the Facilities Operations and Maintenance program for each
- Monitors and inspects all assigned facilities, working closely
with the Janitorial Supervisor or appropriate janitorial service
vendors, to assess operations for a clean, safe environment.
- Prioritizes and implements service requests. Monitors project
schedules and notifies local staff of project status, operational
inconveniences and relocation schedules.
- Develops and implements work schedules including on-call
schedule for all maintenance staff to guarantee appropriate
- Performs general maintenance including carpentry, plumbing,
light electrical, light cement masonry in accordance with state and
federal safety standards.
- Coordinates services and work programs with Facilities
- Certifies that the work and documentation for all safety
inspections is in accordance with Corporate Standards.
- Coaches, mentors and trains direct report staff. Assesses
competencies of staff, provides continuous performance management
and conducts employee performance evaluations. Addresses
performance and/or behavior issues, clarifying expectations and
- Supports staff growth and development. Assesses the
educational, and communication needs of all levels of maintenance
and janitorial staff in collaboration with the individual.
Encourages staff to seek educational opportunities incorporating
job related training in addition to mandatory training.
- Participates in the recruitment and selection of staff.
Provides orientation to outline job requirements and expectations,
policies and procedures, and proper use of tools and equipment.
- Education: High School Diploma or General Education Diploma
- Experience: Four years experience in facilities maintenance,
building maintenance, mechanical systems and/or construction
related field. This includes two years of supervisory
- Professional Licenses/Certificates/Registration: First Aid
certification within 90 days of employment. Forklift operator s
license preferred. Valid Driver s License and proof of automobile
liability insurance coverage.
- Knowledge/Skills/Abilities: Effective verbal, written and
listening communication skills. Skills in logical reasoning,
problem-solving, sound judgement and conflict resolution. Ability
to prioritize work and handle a variety of tasks simultaneously,
with the potential for frequent interruptions. Ability to
coordinate projects with vendors and various teams within the
organization. Ability to effectively interact with a variety of
employees in a professional manner. Knowledge of the correct and
safe usage of assorted cleaning chemicals used in janitorial
duties. Ability to use maintenance trade equipment and tools.
Possesses carpentry, electrical, plumbing, and HVAC skills to
perform general maintenance in accordance with state/federal safety
standards and within the regulations of Federal/State/Local
building codes. Ability to read and understand construction
documents such as As-Build drawings and Operations & Maintenance
Basic proficiency with a variety of computer programs including
Word and Excel.
We serve more than 181,000 patients across 25 medical clinics, 14
dental clinics, 10 pharmacies, and 64 program sites in two states.
We are Level 3 Certified as a Patient-Centered Medical Home (PCMH).
With integrated services including medical, dental, pharmacy,
orthodontia, primary care nutritional counseling, autism screening,
and primary care behavioral health, YVFWC s patient-centered model
of care offers patients the full spectrum of care and shelter
assistance, energy assistance, weatherization, HIV and AIDS
counseling and testing, home visits, and four mobile medical/dental
Working at YVFWC
Working in our organization means being the passionate champion for
those who have no voice. It means having the opportunity to work
with underserved populations and with peers committed to the same
At Farm Workers Clinic
- We will consistently trust one another to work for the common
- We will foster integrity by demonstrating ethical behavior and
insisting on doing what we say we will do.
- We will demonstrate transparency by being candid and truthful
no matter the risk.
- We will create partnerships to strengthen ourselves and our
- We will fight for just treatment for all individuals.
- We will let joy in.
- We have the courage to be an agent of change and refuse
anything short of excellence.
Our mission celebrates diversity. We are committed to equal
opportunity employment. Associated topics: field, grounds, grounds
maintenance, hardscaper, ice, irrigation, plant, podadore,
Keywords: Yakima Valley Farm Workers Clinic, Salem , Maintenance Supervisor, Other , Salem, Oregon
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...