Member Support Specialist Trainer
Posted on: January 22, 2023
Looking for a way to make an impact and help people? Join
PacificSource and help our members access quality, affordable care!
PacificSource is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified
applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard
to status as a protected veteran or a qualified individual with a
disability, or other protected status, such as race, religion,
color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or
age. Diversity and Inclusion: PacificSource values the diversity of
the people we hire and serve. We are committed to creating a
diverse environment and fostering a workplace in which individual
differences are appreciated, respected and responded to in ways
that fully develop and utilize each person's talents and strengths.
Position Overview: Develop, coordinate, and provide employee
orientation/education programs that encompass onboarding new
employees as well as continuing education for all Member Support
Specialists. Develop and maintain desktop references and resource
materials. Assist with creation and distribution of polices that
drive the work done by the team. Assist with the organization and
implementation of cross-departmental training both to train other
teams on Member Support Specialist and having internal teams
present to the team. Demonstrate effective leadership by developing
teamwork, managing change, and encouraging innovation and staff
involvement in the Member Support Specialist team. Support and
develop initiatives that reflect the department vision and are
committed to achieving the goals and objectives of Member Support
Specialists. Essential Responsibilities:
- Develop, maintain, and present training programs in
coordination with Member Support Specialist leadership and other
training coordinators , which ensure the Member Support Specialist
team is trained to provide exceptional customer service, meet
ongoing operational and regulatory needs, and achieve quality
- Develop, organize, and maintain a centralized electronic system
of standardized reference tools and training materials that reflect
the current practice and compliance standards.
- Ensure processes and resources meet regulatory compliance
standards with all state and federal guidelines as well as other
- Assist with internal audit processes on an ongoing basis.
Ensure Member Support Specialist materials are in a state of audit
readiness. Support onsite external audit efforts as needed.
- Ensure that each new hire has the tools to begin their new
- Responsible for training and providing updates of new and
revised team resources and training material to the Member Support
- Utilize LEAN methodologies and quality improvement principles
to practice and promote continuous improvement.
- Maintain working knowledge and understanding of the essential
responsibilities of a Member Support Specialist.
- Expertise in identifying, working with, and developing
individualized approaches to different adult learning styles and in
creating customized trainings/educational modalities for different
- Work with Health Services Team Leaders and Member Support
Specialist Program Manager in all aspects of training. Identify
ongoing training needs for all Member Support Specialists.
Develop/maintain appropriate training materials. Supporting
- Serve on designated committees, teams, and task groups, as
- Represent the Health Services department, both internally and
externally, as requested but the Health Services leadership.
- Meets department and company performance and attendance
regulations concerning confidentiality and security of protected
- Perform other duties as assigned. Work Experience: A minimum of
three years of experience in community services or healthcare
agencies focused on coordination services required. Experience in
training and delivering group presentations preferred. Education,
Certificates, Licenses: Associates degree or equivalent work
experience required. Knowledge: Medical terminology. Proficient in
Microsoft Office, including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Medical
management software (e.g CaseTrakker Dynamo). Excellent verbal and
written communication skills and ability to work independently as
well as to work effectively on a team. Good working knowledge of
how to access community resources and healthcare system.
- Building Customer Loyalty
- Building Strategic Work Relationships
- Contributing to Team Success
- Planning and Organizing
- Continuous Improvement
- Building Trust
- Work Standards Environment: Work inside in a general office
setting with ergonomically configured equipment. Travel is required
approximately 25% of the time. May be required to use personal
vehicle for work-related purposes and to meet with members in the
community setting. May need to work outside normal work hours. Our
Values We live and breathe our values. In fact, our culture is
driven by these seven core values which guide us in how we do
- We are committed to doing the right thing.
- We are one team working toward a common goal.
- We are each responsible for customer service.
- We practice open communication at all levels of the company to
foster individual, team and company growth.
- We actively participate in efforts to improve our many
communities-internally and externally.
- We actively work to advance social justice, equity, diversity
and inclusion in our workplace, the healthcare system and
- We encourage creativity, innovation, and the pursuit of
excellence. Physical Requirements: Stoop and bend. Sit and/or stand
for extended periods of time while performing core job functions.
Repetitive motions to include typing, sorting and filing. Light
lifting and carrying of files and business materials. Ability to
read and comprehend both written and spoken English. Communicate
clearly and effectively. Disclaimer: This indicates the general
nature and level of work performed by employees within this
position and is subject to change. It is not designed to contain or
be interpreted as a comprehensive list of all duties,
responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned
to this position. Employment remains AT-WILL at all times. This
employer is a corporate member of
myGwork - LGBTQ+ professionals, the business community for LGBTQ+
students, inclusive employers & anyone who believes in workplace
Keywords: myGwork, Salem , Member Support Specialist Trainer, Other , Salem, Oregon
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!