Life Enrichment Coordinator
Company: Caring Places Management
Location: Lincoln City
Posted on: November 25, 2022
At Caring Places Management , we have been passionate about
providing exceptional care for seniors throughout the Pacific
Northwest since we opened our first community in 1991. We are a
family-owned business that believes in enriching the lives of our
residents by fostering a homelike environment where the care staff
feels like family and the community feels like home.
Caring Places Management is actively recruiting an empathetic,
qualified individual to join our Assisted Living & Memory Care
community, Hillside Place, as a Life Enrichment Coordinator. As
part of our team, you work with seniors requiring assistance and
their families to determine their individual needs and
Join our team of talented, fun-loving individuals and together we
can achieve our mission of Exceeding Expectations for Loving,
Thoughtful Care! JOB SUMMARY: The Life Enrichment Coordinator is
responsible for the development and coordination of activity
programs for the community that reflects the varied interests of
the residents and provides them with meaningful and life enriching
activities. The Life Enrichment Coordinator will develop
programming that encompasses all facets of an individual's being:
physical, social, intellectual, artistic, and spiritual and that
includes activities in and outside of the community. This position
is also responsible for the recruitment, training, and coordination
of volunteer members and the cultivation of staff involvement in
activities. PRIMARY RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Develop and implement a comprehensive activities program to
help meet the physical, social, intellectual, artistic, and
spiritual needs of the residents.
- Communicate, advise, and inform the Executive Director and
other department supervisors of activity programs and upcoming
events during daily stand-up meeting.
- Cultivate community resources and entertainers to schedule
various activities including special events.
- Create monthly/daily activity calendar that reflects the varied
interests of the residents and provides them with the dates, time,
and location of programs.
- Conduct or oversee activities as needed, encouraging resident
involvement to attend programs of interest.
- Coordinate and host all special events, including holiday
events. Decorate community according to current holiday or
- Provide a forum for residents to meet monthly and share their
ideas, thoughts, and concerns regarding the services provided at
the community (resident council or town hall meetings). Submit
resident feedback to Executive Director for correction or staff
- Maintain an adequate supply of equipment for regular
activities, keeping within budgetary guidelines.
- Coordinate and promote activities involving other departments
with the appropriate department head.
- Cultivate opportunities for residents to engage in various
community centers and service projects, i.e., local senior
- Develop knowledge of community policies, procedures and
state/federal regulations pertaining to activity programming.
Requirements & Qualifications:
- Minimum high school graduate
- Preferred two years of college specializing in recreational
- People skills are certainly a requirement. We need someone who
can lead a large group, maintain the course for groups/individuals,
be patient, willing to bend to the residents' needs, and maintain
empathy with Memory Care residents.
- Physically fit enough to lead Senior Exercise programs, active
games, outdoor activities like outings, gardening, walking,
- Must be able to lift 25-40 lbs. for setting up equipment
- Problem solving skills, especially at a moment's notice, are
- Communication skills with family members & other staff also
- Creativity & willingness to shine with your personal strengths
for our residents' well-being Schedule:
- Full Time
- Day Shift
- Starting wage is $18, DOE &Certifications Benefits:
- Health Insurance - FT Employees ONLY
- Dental & Vision Insurance
- WellVia (Telehealth) - FREE TO EMPLOYEES & FAMILY MEMBERS AND
EFFECTIVE IMMEDIATELY UPON HIRE
- 401K Plan
- Competitive Wages
- Employee Appreciation
- Free On the Job Training APPLY NOW! Or visit our website at for
more information. Please attach RESUMES when applying. #HIL
Keywords: Caring Places Management, Salem , Life Enrichment Coordinator, Other , Lincoln City, Oregon
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!