MRI Technologist- Float - 30 hours
Posted on: November 25, 2022
-Under direct supervision, performs diagnostic Magnetic
Resonance Imaging (MRI) examinations according to established
imaging protocols. Provides efficient and effective patient care in
the production of high-quality diagnostic MRI examinations.
Provides a high level of customer service, performing in a manner
consistent with KPNW mission and philosophy. Performs MRI exams and
procedures on patients of all ages. Maintains patient
- Reviews orders and daily schedule; consults with attending
Radiologists, Physicians and Registered Nurses as necessary to
confirm correct exam. Performs MRI studies according to established
imaging protocols, and consults with the radiologist, if needed for
alternative imaging sequences. Utilizes knowledge, skills and
abilities required for age of patient served, to include: Routine,
emergent, examinations in accordance with department policies and
procedures. Receives and double identifies patients using
appropriate criteria prior to performing the study ordered.
Maintain and follows all MRI safety guidelines. Ensures accuracy of
information and data entry. Provides service-oriented
communications with patient to explain magnetic resonance imaging
procedures, obtain patient history and conduct imaging screens
(e.g., checking for in-vivo metal objects); correlates requested
exam with patient history and diagnosis and answers questions.
Positions patient as required for requested exam and uses
appropriate coils and sequences for desired examination or
procedure. Assumes responsibilities for the needs of patient during
- Venipuncture with administration of contrast material
intravenously by hand or prepares, loads, programs and operates the
- -Maintains all materials needed and linen supply on daily
basis; maintains general order and cleanliness of room
- Other duties as assigned: Quality Assurance functions.
Participates in on-call or standby schedule as required. -Basic
- Minimum One (1) year of MRI work experience within the last
three (3) years.
- Per the National Agreement, current KP Coalition employees have
this experience requirement waived. -Education
- High School Diploma or General Education Development (GED)
required. -License, Certification, Registration
- Magnetic Resonance Imaging Technologist License (Oregon) OR
Registered Radiologic Technologist (Washington)
- Basic Life Support within 1 months of hire
- American Registry of Radiologic Technologists Certificate -
Magnetic Resonance Imaging required at hire from American Registry
of Radiologic Technologists -Additional Requirements:
- Proof of continuing education.
- Mandatory Infection Control education and training will occur
on an annual basis.
- Knowledge and skills in Infection Control shall be evaluated
annually on an oral or written basis per KPNW policy and/or
- Must be able to work in a Labor/Management Partnership
environment. -Preferred Qualifications:
- Associates degree or higher in Radiologic Science or related
- Bachelors degree in Radiologic Science.
- Organizational skills, time management, prioritization,
planning; attention to detail; problem solving, decision making,
judgment; technical skills; initiative; communication,
interpersonal skills, customer relations, organizational
- Adaptability; following Policies and Procedures; flexibility;
knowledge of cross-sectional anatomy.
- Situational Adaptability, flexibility and accountability
- Knowledge and Skill for age appropriate care.
- Knowledge of cross-sectional anatomy. -Notes: -
- Part time MVSA MRI Float Technologist.Job Schedule: Job
Category: Imaging & Radiology
Keywords: Kaiser, Salem , MRI Technologist- Float - 30 hours, Other , Salem, Oregon
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!