*Community Services Administrative Support
Company: Oregon Youth Authority
Posted on: November 25, 2022
Initial Posting Date: 11/15/2022Application
Deadline:12/12/2022Agency:Oregon Youth AuthoritySalary Range:$3,398
- $5,148Position Type:EmployeePosition Title:*Community Services
Administrative SupportJob Description:OREGON YOUTH
AUTHORITYAdministrative Specialist 2 - Community Services
Administrative SupportSalem, OR - OYA Equitable Center (Hybrid
Optional)Oregon Youth Authority (OYA) is seeking a permanent,
full-time Community Services Administrative Support to provide
administrative support to the Community Resources Unit (CRU) in
processing invoices, contract requests, JPAS security coordination,
and JJIS data entry.Your role:
- Review contracts and determine what is allowable for billing,
including qualifying youth, services, and rates.
- Review and verify invoices submitted for accuracy, checking for
qualifying youth, services, and rates.
- Reconciliation of invoices and bills.
- Resolve invoice discrepancies.
- Assist with reviewing and updating the Community Resource Unit
(CRU) program analyst desk manual.
- Monitor the CRU email inbox (e.g. requests for support, Child
Caring Agency (CCA) reports, and Professional Standards Office) and
disseminate it to the appropriate person(s).
- Assist Community Resource Manager in monitoring purchase
requests for residential programs.
- Record minutes for meetings as assigned.
- Complete computerized background checks.
- Collect, enter, and maintain county provider notebooks.
- Assist the Diversion Specialist with review and approval of
annual county Juvenile Crime Prevention (JCP) basic and diversion
- Set up Juvenile Partner Access System (JPAS) accounts as
- Collect all necessary information and complete set-up of new
provider notebooks in JJIS for both youth-specific and general
- Identify youth in non-OYA paid placements who require a
bi-annual survey.Additional Information:
- Telecommute/Remote Work: This position is eligible for a
flexible hybrid work schedule. This position is based at our
Central Office in Salem, Oregon and will be required to come in to
the office on an as needed basis and/or to travel to
facilities/field offices throughout the state. Telework is
evaluated periodically to ensure business needs are being met and
can be adjusted at any time. Please visit the state's Work
Reimagined website for more information.
- This recruitment will be used to fill current and future
vacancies as they occur.This position is represented by the Service
Employees International Union (SEIU/OPEU). By joining and
maintaining your membership with SEIU Local 503, the following
benefits are available to you such as:
- $2,500 life insurance policypaid for by your union, SEIU Local
503. This policy is in effect if you are an active member.
- Up to $200,000 of additional life insurancecan be purchased. Up
to $100,000 member life, $40,000 spouse and $10,000 child is
guaranteed within the first 90 days of new union membership.
- Short Term Disability insuranceis guaranteed if purchased
within the first 90 days of new union membership.
- Legal insuranceenrollment is available to purchase within the
first 90 days of new union membership.
- Tuition reimbursement.For more information on SEIU, please
click here.ABOUT OYAAt OYA, diversity, equity, and inclusion are
more than just words on a page.To meet our mission and live our
values as an agency, DEI must be at the heart of all we do. We
support cultural competence, develop teams and cultivate leaders in
ways that are equitable to everyone, especially people of color,
those who identify as LGBTQ+, or those from other marginalized
communities. We are explicit and intentional as we identify
resources that all our youth and staff need to grow and prosper.
Our DEI work connects closely with our culture of positive human
development, with safe and supportive environments where everyone
is held accountable and connected to their community. The end goal
is to protect the public and reduce crime by holding youth
accountable and providing opportunities for reformation in safe
environments.If you are looking to join a team that values
individual and cultural differences, with the opportunity to
contribute to youth reformation by enriching our workforce with
diversity, OYA wants to hear from you! People of color, women, and
other members of historically marginalized communities are strongly
encouraged to apply!Please take a moment to watch this quick video
about Oregon Youth Authority, our team and our
culturebit.ly/work4OYA. For more information please
visitwww.oregon.gov/oya.What's in it for You?
OYA values our employees. We believe that your time outside of the
workplace is as valuable as it is inside the workplace. We offer a
great work/life balance with flexible work schedules on most
positions and a competitive benefits package, including low-cost,
high-coverage health insurance, generous time-off, and a
competitive retirement plan.Discover moreabout working in Oregon
state government byclicking here.What We Are Looking For
- two years of experience as an administrative specialist or
executive support specialist which included administrative support
for a project, program, or operation. Administrative support
includes those duties beyond clerical/secretarial such as:
interpretation of laws, rules, and regulations; administrative data
collection and analysis; and evaluation of projects, processes, and
- an equivalent combination of training and experience.
One year of postsecondary education may be substituted for up to
one year of the experience.Required Skills:
- A commitment to diversity, equity and inclusion.
- Maintaining confidentiality on sensitive issues.
- Skilled at promoting and maintaining a harmonious work
environment.DESIRED ATTRIBUTES/APPLICATION SCORING CRITERIA:In
addition to your related work experience and education, we will use
the attributes below as part of final scoring to advance those that
qualify to the interview portion.
- Experience working with and building relationships with youth,
families, team members and community partners.
- Experience with working with invoicing and purchasing.
- Knowledge and working experience with the Juvenile Justice
Information system (JJIS) and other computer related skills.
- Multi-tasking and maintaining focus independently.
- Experience taking meeting minutes.
- Experience working with data with attention to detail to ensure
data entry is accurate and supports contract compliance.
- Ability to provide technical assistance in person and
remotely.How to apply:
- Complete the application fully or upload an updated
- Complete the questionnaire / supplemental questions.
- After you submit your application please respond to the public
records request authorization and gender identity questionnaire.
This step will come after you submit and will complete the process.
If you are an employee, the tasks will come to your Workday
- If you are a veteran, you may receive preference. Click here
for more information about veterans' preference. The task to claim
preference will come after the public records request and gender
identity questionnaire tasks. Click here for a guide on how to
upload your documents. For privacy reasons, please do not attach
your DD214/DD215/civil service preference letter to your
application or combine it with any other required document
attachments.Good Information To Know:Our goal is to be a diverse
workforce that is representative, at all job levels, of the
citizens we are here to serve. OYA is an equal opportunity and
affirmative action employer. All aspects of employment including
the decision to hire, promote, discipline, or discharge, will be
individualized based on merit, competence, performance, and
business need.We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color,
religion, marital status, age, national origin, ancestry, physical
or mental disability, medical condition, pregnancy, genetic
information, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or
expression, veteran status, or any other status protected under
federal, state, or local law." The more diverse we are, the better
our work will be.Applicants with a disability may request a
reasonable accommodation to participate in the hiring process. For
assistance regarding reasonable accommodation or for alternative
format please contact OYA Recruitment at 971-345-1236. Oregon Relay
Service can be reached by calling 7-1-1.Pre-employment Checks: In
keeping with our mission, OYA will conduct a criminal record check,
per OAR 416 Division 800, a driving record background check and a
vulnerable population abuse and neglect check. Information obtained
about an individual is confidential. An individual who refuses to
consent to a criminal records/background check shall be
disqualified from consideration in the position for which you
applied. All applicants are subject to additional pre-employment
check(s) such as fingerprint based on criminal records check,
pre-employment drug screening and/or education verification as
required for the position.In 2003 Congress passed the Prison Rape
Elimination Act (PREA), the first federal civil statue focused
specifically on addressing sexual violence in juvenile facilities,
jails, prisons, and other facilities. In recognition of the rights,
safety, and well-being of the youth we serve you will be asked
specific questions about your background to ensure our hiring and
promotion practices comply with the National PREA standards.All OYA
employees are required to submit to a two-step TB test to establish
a TB free "base line." If offered employment and you accept, OYA
will offer you the TB testing, and if you refuse, OYA will require
the necessary documentation from your personal health care provider
as a condition of employment.All positions in OYA will require the
incumbent to serve as a "mandatory reporter" of child abuse.Visa
Sponsorship:We do not offer Visa sponsorship. If you are hired, you
will be required to fill out the US Department of Homeland
Security's I-9 form confirming you are able to work in the US.Have
Questions?: For questions about the job announcement email the HR
Keywords: Oregon Youth Authority, Salem , *Community Services Administrative Support, Other , Salem, Oregon
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!