Community Building Assistant-Biltmore (CBA)
Company: Central City Concern
Posted on: June 26, 2022
Close Date: 6/15/2022 (Seniority Bid Close Date: 6/2/2022)
Community Building Assistant-Biltmore (CBA)
Schedule: Thursday - Monday 3:00pm - 11:30pm
Swing shift. Biltmore only.
Summary: The Community Building Assistant performs routine building
cleaning, upkeep and monitoring of building activities and is an
integral member of the property management and supportive housing
team. This person is responsible for the upkeep of the building,
identifying and reporting resident issues, and maintaining the
cohesion and livability of the community. Other key
responsibilities are to provide assistance to residents, to
effectively coordinate with other building staff, and to identify
issues and opportunities in the community.
1. Maintain a high quality, comfortable, and safe living
environment in buildings.
2. Perform building upkeep, room inventory, room turnover, vacant
room preparation tasks, and routine pest control measures.
3. Have the ability to identify pests such as roaches, bed bugs,
ants and rodents.
4. Perform follow-up cleaning after pest control treatments,
including vacuuming of pests and disposal of bed bug infested
5. Greet and answer queries from residents and building visitors
and provide information and updates to staff.
6. Perform regularly assigned tasks including but not limited to:
clean and straighten lobby, hallways, unoccupied offices,
bathrooms, elevators, residential rooms, interior and exterior
common areas. Clean windows, floors, countertops, appliances, and
fixtures. Other cleaning, sweeping, mopping, dusting, vacuuming,
washing, disinfecting and polishing.
7. Conduct periodic inspections of common areas.
8. Report any hazardous conditions or emergency situations.
9. Serve or disburse tenant notices, bulletins, and rent statements
as assigned by Property Management and/or Supportive Housing
10. Assist new residents to become familiar with the community and
11. Refer residents/clients to appropriate service staff as
12. Answer and direct telephone calls to appropriate staff, take
messages, deliver notices and other documents, and maintain files
as time allows or as assigned.
13. Maintain daily event logs, delivery logs, incident reports,
building rosters, and other
reports and forms as assigned and as necessary to complete job
14. Monitor surveillance cameras and overall security of
15. Collect random and required observed urinalyses as assigned by
Property Management or Supportive Housing staff.
16. Monitor and enforce building visiting policies.
17. Remove ice and snow as required during inclement weather.
18. Inventory, label and store tenant property.
1. Must have High School Diploma or GED or be actively
2. Previous experience with janitorial and resident service
3. If a recovering chemically dependent person, 6 months sobriety
4. Must pass a pre-employment drug screen, TB test, and background
5. Must not be a registered sex offender.
6. Must be able to read, write and understand English.
7. Must have basic computer skills including Word, Excel, Email,
and basic file management.
8. Physical ability to bend, stoop, kneel, squat, twist, reach,
pull, lift heavy objects, and operate mechanical equipment.
9. Must be able to climb stairs several times a day.
10. Must adhere to agency's non-discrimination policies.
11. Ability to effectively interact with co-workers and clients
with diverse ethnic backgrounds, religious views, political
affiliation, cultural backgrounds, life-styles, and sexual
orientations and treat each individual with respect and
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner
discriminate against employees or applicants because they have
inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of
another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access
to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as
a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of
other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise
have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is
(a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance
of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an
investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the
contractor's legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR
Keywords: Central City Concern, Salem , Community Building Assistant-Biltmore (CBA), Other , Salem, Oregon
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!