Lead Community Building Assistant-Biltmore
Company: Central City Concern
Posted on: June 23, 2022
OPEN UNTIL FILLED
TITLE: Lead Community Building Assistant-Biltmore
HOURS: Monday - Friday 9am - 5:30pm
The individual holding this position performs a variety of
specialized semi-skilled/skilled cleaning tasks and minor
maintenance repairs in support of the Housing Department. This
position is responsible for cleaning and maintaining the interior
and exterior of multi-family and residential buildings, attached
parking lots, play structures, and surrounding grounds. This
position also monitors building activities and is an integral
property management team member.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Provide training and support to new and existing staff as
- Perform various janitorial tasks to maintain the exterior of
multi-family and residential buildings, attached parking lots, play
structures, and surrounding grounds to maintain and enhance curb
appeal and safety.
- Maintain a comfortable, safe, and sanitary environment for
tenants and staff.
- Perform preventative pest control treatments of vacant turnover
- Maintain common area flooring, including but not limited to
scrubbing, stripping, mopping, waxing, and carpet cleaning.
- Assist Community Manager with unit move-in condition reports
and unit move-out condition reports.
- Have the ability to assist Community Manager with entering work
orders into Yardi, including but not limited to maintenance
requests and making ready.
- Have the ability to identify pests such as roaches, ants, bed
bugs, and rodents.
- Perform follow-up cleaning after pest control treatments,
including vacuuming pests and disposal of bed bug-infested
- Assist Community Manager with full building unit by unit
- Perform minor upkeep, room inventory, and vacant room
- Perform routine floor and upholstery care, including stripping
and waxing as needed.
- Use hand tools, power tools, and special industrial cleaning
- Use residential and commercial cleaning chemicals.
- Perform tasks including but not limited to cleaning and
straightening all common areas of the building, including cleaning
windows, floors, countertops, appliances, and fixtures.
- Perform garbage removal and recycling.
- Responsible for the ordering of cleaning supplies, supply
inventory, and tracking.
- Responsible for keeping Supervisor informed of supply and
equipment needs. Report hazardous or emergency conditions to
- Conduct periodic inspections of common areas.
- Assist On-Site Manager with customers' key
- Carry an agency smartphone.
- Greet and answer queries from residents and building visitors
and provide information and updates to staff.
- Assist with the delivery of legal notices and other documents
- Coordinate access for contractors and vendors to perform
preventative maintenance and repairs.
- Maintain daily shift logs, and update building rosters and
- Monitor security cameras as assigned.
- Collect random and required observed urinalysis as assigned by
the On-Site Manager, Portfolio Manager, or Case Management
- Update lobby area with appropriate health and social
- Inventory, label, and store tenant property.
- Adhere to safety policies and procedures.
- Adhere to all state and federal privacy and security
regulations applicable to the program and to CCC policies and
agreements regarding confidentiality, privacy, and security. This
includes immediately reporting any breach of protected health
information or personal identification information of any person
receiving CCC services by CCC or an outside provider to the CCC
Compliance Department and your supervisor or their designee.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Knowledge of standard methods of cleaning practices and
equipment used in janitorial services.
- Knowledge of and experience in light maintenance and
- Ability to effectively and courteously communicate and interact
successfully with a wide variety of people, including tenants,
clients, co-workers, corrections personnel, police, merchants, the
general public, and supervisor on the telephone or in person.
- Ability to manage time and meet deadlines.
- Ability to communicate clearly and concisely both verbally and
in writing and to understand and follow verbal and written
- Detailed oriented; ability to maintain accurate records and
- Ability to learn, train and apply training instruction to other
employees as needed.
- Ability to de-ice common areas in the event of inclement
- Ability to work independently or as a team member and establish
priorities with minimal supervision.
- Ability to display a non-judgmental attitude and a willingness
to learn new skills.
- Ability to use computers for basic functions, or ability to be
trained in their use.
- Ability to work and maintain professional composure in an
environment where people may exhibit hostile, abusive, or combative
- Professional maintenance of appropriate boundaries.
- Knowledge of de-escalation methods or the ability to be trained
in de-escalation methods.
- Sufficient manual dexterity and physical ability to perform
assigned cleaning and maintenance tasks and pull, lift and move
heavy objects, cartons, or equipment.
- Knowledge to apply applicable safety policies and procedures,
including Material Safety Data Sheets (MDS). The ability to apply
workplace and job-site safety standards.
- Ability to consider the impacts and outcomes for underserved
communities during the decision-making process.
- Ability to consider impacts of oppression, structural racism,
and individual bias on client outcomes.
- Must have a High School diploma or GED or be able to obtain it
within one year of hire.
- Must have an active Oregon Department of Agriculture Pesticide
Apprentice License or obtain within one year from date of hire as
- Must attend 8 hours of continuing education classes yearly to
renew ODA Pesticide Apprentice License.
- Must have at least 6 months of experience and/or training in
interior/exterior janitorial and grounds work.
- Must be able to report and work at multiple locations as
- If a recovering chemically dependent person must have
sufficiently stabilized sobriety with a minimum of six months clean
- Must pass a pre-employment drug screen, TB test, and background
- Must not be a registered sex offender.
- Must be able to read, write and understand English.
- Must have basic computer skills including Word, Excel, Email,
Yardi, and basic file management.
- Physical ability to bend, stoop, kneel, squat, twist, reach,
pull, lift heavy objects, and operate mechanical equipment.
- Must be able to climb stairs several times a day.
- Must possess a current driver's license, pass a DMV background
check, and be designated an "acceptable" driver as outlined in
Central City Concern's Fleet Safety Policy. Must pass an initial
drivers training within 60 days of being an approved driver and
continued recertification training.
- Will be required to carry an agency cell phone for work use.
The cell phone will be provided by Central City Concern.
- Must adhere to the agency's non-discrimination policies.
- Ability to effectively interact with co-workers and clients
with diverse ethnic backgrounds, religious views, political
affiliations, cultural backgrounds, lifestyles, and sexual
orientations and treat each individual with respect and
- Central City Concern is a second chance employer and complies
with applicable laws regarding consideration of criminal background
for employment purposes. Government regulations, contractual
requirements, or the duties of this particular job may require CCC
to conduct a background check and take appropriate action to
address prior criminal convictions.
Central City Concern offers an incredible benefits package to our
- Generous paid time off plan beginning at 4 weeks per year at
the time of hire. Accrual increases with longevity.
- Amazing 403(b) Retirement Savings plan with an employer match
of 4.25% in your 1 st year, 6% in the 2 nd year, and 8% in your 3
- 10 paid Holidays PLUS 2 Personal Holidays to be used at the
- Comprehensive Medical, Vision, and Dental insurance
- Employer Paid Life, Short Term Disability, AND Long Term
- Sabbatical Program offering extended time off at years 7, 14
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner
discriminate against employees or applicants because they have
inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of
another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access
to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as
a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of
other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise
have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is
(a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance
of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an
investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the
contractor's legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)
Associated topics: administrator, construction, construction
manager, consultant, custom, director, project, public works, site,
Keywords: Central City Concern, Salem , Lead Community Building Assistant-Biltmore, Other , Salem, Oregon
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!