Quality Assurance Assistant
Company: Pacific Seafood-Newport, LLC / PSHMP
Posted on: May 10, 2022
SummaryAssist with the planning, coordinating and directing the
quality control program designed to ensure continuous production of
products consistent with established standards. Assist in improving
and implementing training programs, and following up on individual
training opportunities. Working with QA Manager and Production QA
Manager in developing, improving, monitoring, and verifying Food
Safety Systems including HACCP, FSMA, SQF, and NSSP. -Essential
Duties and Responsibilities Duties include but not limited to:
- Be a role model in projecting and applying The Pacific Group
Diamond Philosophy (Productivity, Quality, Excellence and Teamwork)
and promote teamwork at all times. -
- Assist QA Manager in achievement of quality department goals
- Assist with maintaining records for HACCP, SQF, FSMA, and/or
- Researching Product Quality Complaints, investigating products,
and following up with QA Group
- Ensure existing SSOP, SQF, Food Defense, and Food Safety plans
- Maintain legible and accurate records or logs as required
- Conduct or assist with customer and in-house product
- Assist with supplier's food safety and quality records; review
- Tracking of inbound shipments on Excel.
- Product inspections on the inbound shipments; or other products
- Perform other duties, as assigned.Qualifications The
requirements listed below are representative of the qualifications
necessary to successfully perform the job.A. Education and
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED).
- Two years of experience in related field.
- HACCP Certified, or the ability to become HACCP certified
within three months of hire.
- SQF Practitioner Certified, or the ability to become certified
within 12 months of hire.Preferred:
- Meat HACCP and/or USDA Knowledge preferred.
- Seafood/protein work experience.
- Bilingual in English and Spanish.
- Proficient with Excel. -B. Certificates, Licenses,
Registrations or Other Requirements
- Strong computer skills in MS Office Suite, primarily Word and
- Valid driver's license. -C. Other Knowledge, Skills or
- Ability to work independently.
- Ability to travel as needed.Total CompensationAt Pacific
Seafood, your base wage is only a portion of your overall
compensation package. When you add in the additional benefits below
to our competitive base wage you can increase your total
compensation up to 25%.
- Health insurance benefits options, including medical,
prescription, vision, dental, basic group life and short term
- Flexible spending accounts for health flex and dependent care
- 401(k) Retirement Plan options with generous annual company
profit sharing match
- Paid time off for all regular FT team members, to include paid
sick and vacation
- Employee Assistance Program- Confidential professional
counseling, financial, and legal assistance provided at no charge
to Team Members and immediate family members
- Product purchase programPacific Seafood is an equal opportunity
employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration
for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex,
national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or
any other characteristic protected by law.Equal Opportunity
Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with DisabilitiesThe
contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate
against employees or applicants because they have inquired about,
discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another
employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the
compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part
of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other
employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have
access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in
response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an
investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an
investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the
contractor's legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR
Keywords: Pacific Seafood-Newport, LLC / PSHMP, Salem , Quality Assurance Assistant, Other , Newport, Oregon
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!