Job Coach - $2,000 Sign-On Bonus!
Company: Albertina Kerr Centers
Posted on: January 16, 2022
If you believe a healthy community is built by everyone's effort
and you're seeking a career with variety, opportunities to teach
others and learn more about what people do and how businesses work,
you'll love being a Job Coach at Kerr! Albertina Kerr empowers
people with intellectual and developmental disabilities, mental
health challenges and other social barriers to lead self-determined
lives and reach their full potential. When you join Kerr, you
become part of a team motivated to provide innovative and excellent
programs, services and care. As a Job Coach, you will work with
Kerr's supported employees at their employment site to assist in
learning their job tasks and improving their skills. Your help is
essential in changing perceptions of people who experience
disability in order to create inclusivity and diversity at a
variety of worksites in the greater Salem area . You'll collaborate
with a strong group of dedicated team members who think outside the
box to provide individualized support for the success of the
employee. Our job coach positions are bonus-eligible, with many
opportunities to learn and grow with our team in job development,
skills training, and more. This is a great position for those
interested in learning about different social services and ways to
help your community. This position also offers schedule flexibility
to accommodate the supported employees work schedule AND your life
style by offering hours in the evening, daytime and weekends. You
will also qualify for 100% employer paid health benefits if you
maintain monthly average of 30 hours of work per week. If you are
seeking a reduced schedule, we may be able to consider a lower time
limit; however, the necessary flexibility would not change. All
Kerr employees are required to be fully vaccinated or meet the
requirements for a medical or religious exception prior to
beginning work. Benefits
- Paid medical, dental, and vision employee benefits
- Paid basic life & accident insurance and short- & long-term
- Paid internal training and career development
- 7 paid holidays and generous time off
- 24-hour Employee Assistance Plan (EAP) that provides resources
for everything from mental health to pet insurance and financial
- Satisfies employment requirement for student loan Public
Service Loan Forgiveness Program (PLSF) Qualifications
- One year of developmental disability services experience or 6
months of Employment Services experience, preferred.
- Ability to pass a background check.
- Ability to meet agency driving requirements.
- Be available to work when scheduled and based on employment of
participants. Job Requirements:
- Arrive to work on time and with the tools/material necessary
for the job.
- Coach our participants at local community employment
- Assist participants in learning task as independently as
possible and work cooperatively with each person's vocational team
to create plans and/or obtain tools that would improve their
capacity to learn their job.
- Work with job seekers in pre-employment paperwork and online
- Assist Job Developer as necessary and required
- Maintain progress notes and time sheets.
- Ensure that each participant's personal and medical information
is always current in their work file, discovery forms and/or relate
any changes to supervisor.
- Maintain clear communication with community employment manager
and others as part of the ISP team.
- Attend required trainings and ISP meetings.
- Relate any change and/or concerns to your supervisor.
- Complete task analysis when required.
- Communicate with business' Department Manager/Hiring Manager to
assist in a successful job retention.
- Write daily progress notes and end of the month reports.
- Complete all necessary documentation to meet billing
Keywords: Albertina Kerr Centers, Salem , Job Coach - $2,000 Sign-On Bonus!, Other , Salem, Oregon
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!