Bilingual Family Counselor (Spanish / English)
Company: Youth Villages
Posted on: January 15, 2022
Overview:Watch now to learn more about Intercept!
**Ask about our $5,000 relocation assistance!**
****Pregunta por nuestra asistencia de reubicaci--n de $5,000**
Who is Youth Villages?
Youth Villages is a nonprofit organization striving to help
troubled youth and families live successfully. We are a team of
3,000 individuals who've come together across 14 states to change
the landscape of child welfare and juvenile justice across the
country. Our work involves providing an array of counseling and
treatment services to youth with severe emotional and behavioral
Eighty-four percent of those who go through treatment are
succeeding two years after leaving our program. These youth are
living at home, remaining in school, and are not experiencing
trouble with the law.
Estas buscando trabajo en el area de salud mental? Youth Villages
esta contratando consejeros bilingues en Ingles y Espa--ol para
trabajar con ni--os y familias en necesidad. Las sessiones
familiares seran conducidas en espa--ol pero la documentacion y
supervision de los casos sera en ingles. Tu puedes ayudar a hacer
la diferencia!Responsibilities:Can I see myself here?
We have found that our staff succeed at Youth Villages when
- Are passionate about social services and dedicated to helping
at-risk youth and families
- Value feedback and accountability
- Value the collaboration that comes from working on a team and
thrive working on their own
- Enjoy variety in their schedule and not sitting behind a desk
- Are results and detailed oriented
- Have a sense of humor and find creative ways to implement
- Value a strength-based treatment approach
- Can change priorities quickly
- Are looking for more than just a jobWhy Youth Villages?
Our programs in Oregon offer:
- Paid licensure supervision for LPC, LCSW, LMFT
- Opportunity for advancement
- Collaborative Problem Solving Certification
- Training opportunities based on your interest / CEU's
- Tablets issued to community based staff for documentation
- Open/collaborative work environment
- Gym membership reimbursement/ discounts
- Healthy snacks in office/ monthly team recognition
How will I make a difference?
- Family Intervention Specialists will work with both biological
and adoptive families.
- Many of the youth on your caseload will be foster children or
former foster children in pre-adoptive or post adoptive homes who
are experiencing stress in their placement.
- Providing in-home counseling services for at-risk youth and
- Managing a small case load of four to six families to provide
- Meeting with youth and families three times weekly to address
each family's needs
- Providing after hours support to youth and families through
- Collaborating with youth, family, teachers, and other community
members working towards the success of the youth; that could be
attending court or meeting with teachers; it depends on what your
families' needs are in any given week
- Providing a strengths-based approach utilizing counseling and
social work skills
- Attend three weekly meetings (individual, team, and clinical
consultation) for professional development to help enhance clinical
Schedule is flexible and non-traditional; based around the
availability of youth and families served.
Applicants must have a valid driver's license, a personal vehicle
to use for work purposes and auto insurance.
Community Based staff will be reimbursed for applicable mileage
Salary$46000 - $57000 / year based on education level and clinical
Qualifications:How can I be considered for the position?
You can be considered for this position if you meet the following
Counselors must be fluent in English and Spanish; both written and
verbalMaster's degree in social services field; degrees that can be
considered include: social work, drug and alcohol education or
counseling, psychology, criminal justice, guidance counseling, or
marriage and family therapy. Other degrees will have to be
evaluated further to determine if they meet the qualifications.
Experience working with at-risk youth and/or families in a
volunteer, internship, or paid position; clinical experience is
Willingness/desire to maintain an untraditional schedule
Strong writing skills and experience with electronic
Acceptable driving record- Two or fewer moving violations within
the past 36 months
Covid-19 Vaccine Requirement
As of October 15, 2021, Youth Villages has required the COVID-19
vaccine for all employees, excluding those with an approved medical
or religious exemption, as a condition of employment to help ensure
the safety of all employees and youth and families served.
Experience growth and development through our continuous training,
as well as tuition and licensure reimbursement, or pursue
opportunities to advance both clinically and administratively with
Medical, Dental, Prescription Drug Coverage and Vision
Retirement Savings Pension Plan
2 weeks paid vacation
12 paid sick days per year
10 paid holidaysPaid Parental Leave
Mileage & Cell Phone Reimbursement (when applicable)
Youth Villages is an equal opportunity employer and provides equal
employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for
employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type
without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin,
disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual
orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other
characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
Youth Villages is committed to not only advancing diversity,
equity, and inclusion in the workplace but also in our work with
children and young adults. We know that children, families and
young people of color can face inequity in child welfare and
justice systems, and we train our employees to build the skills
they need to work with the communities that we serve, as well as,
other employees from different cultures and backgrounds. Youth
Villages is opposed to racism in any of its forms and is committed
to inclusion, equity, and diversity. We believe that respect for
each other is crucial in the work that we do each day.
Keywords: Youth Villages, Salem , Bilingual Family Counselor (Spanish / English), Other , Salem, Oregon
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!