Regional Member Service Specialist - (Bilingual preferred)
Company: Truliant Federal Credit Union
Posted on: November 22, 2021
Job TitleRegional Member Service Specialist - (Bilingual
preferred)Job Description Purpose of the Job The Regional Member
Service Support Specialist is responsible for serving the financial
needs of our member-owners accurately and efficiently, and
developing a strong rapport with the member which supports the
Credit Union's mission of enhancing our member-owners' financial
lives and becoming their preferred financial partner. This position
performs tasks related to all facets of the Member Financial
Center, which includes processing teller transactions, lending,
account opening and account maintenance, opening savings &
investment products, along with other account services. The
Regional Member Service Support Specialist will assist with
providing coverage to an area of assigned MFC locations within a
defined market. The duties that the Regional Member Service Support
Specialist will perform each day will depend on the need of the MFC
that is being covered. The Regional Member Service Support
Specialist will also work with the Training dept. to serve as the
back-up MSR trainer for part-time staff as needed. The Regional
Member Service Support Specialist must be flexible with the ability
to work a variety of shift schedules at various assigned locations.
Full-Time Member Financial Center staff employees with a start date
between 8/2/2021 and 10/30/2021 are eligible for a $1,000 hiring
bonus! The bonus will be paid in two installments and is subject to
all appropriate taxes and deductions. Applies to external
candidates only. Essential Functions and Responsibilities
- Assists members in evaluating their current and future
financial goals by conducting quality Full TruFinancial Checkups to
provide solutions with Credit Union deposit products and
- Ensures consistent adherence to Credit Union member service
standards throughout every member-owner interaction, including
basic problem resolution.
- Interacts professionally with other departments within the
- Maintains integrity and confidentiality when handling member's
- Performs all teller transactions as requested and has
capability to balance CDMs, TCRs, ATMs and vault.
- Performs all member service operations, including new accounts
opened for contact and initializing start of relationship building
with knowledge, products and services that will benefit the
- Researches and resolves account issues, elevating to problem
resolution team as necessary.
- Provides information on all deposit and loan products to
member-owners, including mortgages, service agreements and
- Processes Business Services requests accurately and efficiently
including business service loan requests and processing.
- Manages loan and deposit pipeline to ensure timely follow-up
and cultivates leads into successes.
- Understands IRA process and products offered. Opens and
provides maintenance for all IRA accounts.
- Processes all loan requests and reviews credit needs for
further loan opportunities to benefit the member.
- Processes and opens all specialty accounts when needed.
- Develops leads for Business Development, Business Services and
Truliant at Work.
- Collaborates with Training dept. to prepare and conduct
impactful MSR training for part-time employees unable to attend MSR
new hire training program in Winston-Salem.
- Represents the Credit Union by visitations to Business Partners
and other Credit Union functions.
- Performs comparative analysis periodically to share with
manager and staff.
- Evaluates all loan reports and new member reports for accuracy
and cultivating relationships.
- Actively participates in staff meetings regularly to enhance
overall staff knowledge.
- Takes a leadership role in market development for the MFC by
participating in community events and identifying name recognition
opportunities. Other Duties and Responsibilities
- Provides assistance with member service when needed on the MSR
- Assists with other tasks and projects as assigned Knowledge
Skills, and Abilities
- Must be flexible to work in different MFC locations on
different days during the week, as priorities change
- Must have sound understanding of standard concepts, practices,
procedures, regulations and compliance within the financial
- Must have superior interpersonal and coaching skills; ability
to get along with diverse personalities; tactful, mature, flexible,
- Must have excellent communication skills in English, both
verbal and written
- Must understand audit procedures and the importance of
maintaining the integrity of audit guidelines
- Strong interpersonal skills required
- Previous sales experience preferred
- Must have good arithmetic skills
- Must have basic personal computer skills
- Must have knowledge of advanced products and services
- Must be proficient in service recovery concepts as a vehicle to
enhance member satisfaction
- Must understand basic concepts and principles of credit
- Must have Notary appointment, or attain Notary status within 3
months of hire
- Must be trained in Branch Lending
- Must have ability to understand all business processes within
the credit union
- Must be detail oriented and well organized
- Must be able to work in a general office environment
- Must be flexible and able to shift resources and priorities as
- Must be able to complete all assignments with minimal
- Should possess a strong commitment to providing excellent
service to Truliant's members Physical Requirements
- Frequent standing, walking, and bending required
- Must be able to sit at a desk for moderate periods of time and
use a computer
- Must be able to moderately lift or move up to 5 pounds and
occasionally lift or move up to 10 pounds
- Education and Background
- High School Diploma or equivalent required
- College Degree preferred
- A minimum of 3+ years related experience in the retail industry
or financial services preferred LocationEastern Region - NC US
Keywords: Truliant Federal Credit Union, Salem , Regional Member Service Specialist - (Bilingual preferred), Other , Salem, Oregon
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!