Company: Campbell Soup
Posted on: September 15, 2021
Imagine...working for a company that knows that its
people are the key to its success in the marketplace. A company in
which achieving extraordinary results and having a stimulating work
experience are part of the same process.
We cultivate and embrace a diverse employee population. We
recognize that people with diverse backgrounds, experiences and
perspectives fuel our growth and enrich our global culture.
We are looking for an individual who enjoys working in a
fast-paced, team oriented environment, likes to be challenged, and
values the opportunity to make a difference.
The Shipping Supervisor is responsible for supervising the
proper storage and shipment of outgoing / incoming finished
products, raw materials, and components.
- Supervises the daily activities of receiving finished product
from manufacturing to warehouses.
- Monitors inventory levels, product rotation, warehouse space,
- Supervises the preparation of product for shipment.
- Studies shipping and order fulfillment notices; assigns work;
- Inspects loading operations to ensure compliance with safety
and shipping specifications.
- Coordinates the receiving of shipments, movement to warehouse,
storage or work areas, and monitoring of shipments received for
condition and accuracy.
- Directly manages 10-20 or more employees and carries out
supervisory responsibilities in accordance with internal policies
and applicable laws.
- Investigates and resolves shipping and receiving issues,
including but not limited to document discrepancies, computer
system accuracy and routine operation, order and/or inventory
- Manages shipping documentation and paperwork; uses systems to
retrieve information and data.
- Communicates with carriers and drivers and Mileage
reporting for plant to warehouse shuttle
- Conducts performance evaluations; develops, trains, and coaches
- Communicates company policies and procedures and monitors for
- Schedules and approves overtime; monitors and approves
vacations and time-off.
- Review and approves associate Kronos time management.
- Supports departmental budget compliance through effective
oversight of daily shipping operations.
- Participates in and/or leads departmental and shift meetings;
coordinates operations with various departments including
maintenance, production, etc.
- Participate in or leads periodic and quarterly inventory
- If applicable, complete time approvals, research pay issues,
validate punches, and work centers as needed.
- May oversee number of hours worked to comply with DOT
regulations and ensure up-to-date qualifications (DOT medical card
and appropriate license).
- Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and
training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work;
appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees;
addressing complaints and resolving problems.
- May perform other duties as required.
- Associates Degree with a minimum of 3 years related
experience and/or training; or High School Diploma, GED or
equivalent with an equivalent combination of education and
- Experience with Microsoft Office including Word and
Outlook, handheld devices, radio, and bar code scanning
- Preferred experience with SAP, Ariba and Warehouse Management
- Preferred experience Workday and Kronos systems.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules,
operating maintenance instructions and procedure manuals.
- Ability to write routine reports and communicate effectively in
- Ability to speak effectively with coworkers and
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and
draw valid conclusions.
- Ability to exercise discretion while managing confidential
- Uses intuition and experience to complement data.
- The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25
pounds and will be occasionally required to stoop or
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close
- Forklift operations.
- Minimal travel of up to 5% to other Campbell’s
Snacks production facilities, offices, vendors and/or
The Company is committed to providing equal opportunity for
employees and applicants in all aspects of the employment
relationship, without regard to race, color, sex, sexual
orientation, gender identity, national origin, citizenship, marital
status, veteran status, disability, age, religion or any other
classification protected by law.
In that regard, U.S. applicants and employees are protected
from discrimination based on certain categories protected by
Federal law. Click here for additional information.
Keywords: Campbell Soup, Salem , Shipping Supervisor, Other , Salem, Oregon
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!