Company: Corban University
Posted on: June 10, 2021
DEPARTMENT: Financial Services
REPORTS TO: Senior Director of Accounting
FLSA STATUS: Non-Exempt/Full-Time
SALARY RANGE: $40,000-43,000
Revised September 2020
Corban University is a private comprehensive university of
liberal arts, ministry, and professional studies with a mission to
educate Christians who will make a difference in the world for
Jesus Christ. All employees are expected to model servant
leadership in all aspects of their work. Corban values and recruits
for a workforce that is diverse in gender, age, ethnicity, race,
and/or ability, and seeks employees who will interact with the
Corban community in a way that reflects a commitment to cultural
proficiency. Where permitted by law and consistent with the schools
history, mission, and core values, Corban exercises religious
preference throughout the University. Employees must have a
personal relationship with Jesus Christ, agree with the University
Statement of Faith, evidence a mature Christian faith, and be an
active member of a Bible-believing, Gospel-preaching local
MISSION: To educate Christians who will make a difference in the
world for Jesus Christ.
SUMMARY: The Accountant supports the Financial Services
department in day-to-day operations by streamlining processes and
providing timely, accurate financial information. The Accountant is
responsible for generating reports, monthly reconciliations,
creating journal entries, assembling supporting documentation,
assisting with financial statement preparation and audit support,
including drafting related disclosures.
- Prepare monthly reconciliations.
- Enter journal entries and supporting documentation into the
- Assist with month-end and year-end closing, including required
- Ensure that recurring journal entries are changed or terminated
- Manage Fixed Asset records.
- Provide support for Accounts Payable.
- Assist in preparing for routine audits.
- Prepare work papers for annual audit.
- Assist in drafting footnotes to the financial statements.
- Assist with IRS Form 990.
- Verify that transactions and records are in compliance with
policies and procedures, as well as federal and state law.
- Provide high-quality customer service to internal and external
- Ensure that best practices are observed to maintain fiscal and
- Performs other duties as assigned.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- High proficiency with Excel, including ability to generate
reports and perform data analysis.
- Understanding of accounting fundamentals and best
- Ability to prioritize deadlines, attend to details, and
multi-task in a fast paced environment.
- Demonstrated problem solving and analytical thinking
- Proven commitment to accuracy and detail.
- Strong analytical, organizational, and problem solving
- Exceptional communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Ability to read, analyze and interpret general business
materials, technical procedures and governmental regulations are
- Ability to deal sensitively with confidential material with a
high degree of professionalism.
- Demonstrates good judgement, displays initiative, and a strong
- Demonstrated customer service abilities and comfort working
with diverse constituents.
QUALIFICATIONS AND REQUIREMENTS:
- Formal education and/or coursework in accounting, finance,
business or related field (Bachelors degree in accounting, finance,
business or related field preferred).
- Minimum one year of accounting experience, including general
ledger and reporting experience required.
- Experience with Abila MIP accounting software preferred.
- Team player with ability to also work independently.
- Evangelical Christian commitment and lifestyle consistent with
the Universitys mission as described in our Statement of
- Candidates should value an environment that reflects the
diversity of Gods kingdom, engages in global concerns and connects
WORKING CONDITIONS: Reasonable accommodations may be made to
enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential
Keywords: Corban University, Salem , Accountant, Other , Salem, Oregon
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!