Lead Project Manager - Transportation
Company: T.Y. Lin International
Posted on: June 9, 2021
T.Y. Lin International (TYLI) is a full-service, professional
engineering firm focused on the planning, design, and construction
of infrastructure solutions for public and private clients
worldwide. The firm is an internationally recognized pioneer in
solving the most difficult engineering challenges. Headquartered in
San Francisco, California for over 65 years, TYLI has more than
3,200 professionals throughout the Americas, Asia, and Europe. TYLI
is a member of Dar Group, a global, privately-owned professional
services group, and its industry-leading family of Global
TYLI has an opportunity for a Washington registered professional
engineer with experience in Transportation design projects. The
position requires technical expertise in roadway/highway design,
plans production, and proficiency in the management, programming,
planning, design, and construction of surface transportation
projects. This individual must also have experience preparing plans
using Civil 3D and InRoads and should clearly understand the
procedures and practices of the Washington Department of
Transportation. The individual will supervise production in
multiple offices and provide day-to-day technical guidance and
career mentoring and training to direct reports. This individual
should also possess experience on alternative delivery projects. In
addition, the individual hired for this position will support the
expansion of the regional highway engineering practice in
Washington by finding leads, leading new pursuits, and supporting
business development activities.
The successful candidate will be a personable employee who is
able to develop and maintain positive working relationships with
co-workers and clients while being adaptable to a complicated and
evolving project environment. This position may be performed
remotely for the time being. Future reporting to TY Lin
International office worksites will be discussed/negotiated at a
- Responsible for the successful completion of projects under
- Manage the overall project development effort of
multi-disciplinary teams including sub-consultants.
- Supervise and review the work of supporting engineers and
- Collaborate with project managers, task managers and the unit
manager to establish contract budgets and scopes of work.
- Develop production work plans, schedules, and budgets.
- Develop contract specifications and bid estimates.
- Develop design, models, and plan sheets for transportation
systems (WSDOT, King County, Sound Transit specifically).
- Implement rigorous Quality Assurance/Quality Control
- Ensure proper codes and standards are used on projects.
- Lead information gathering and pursuits of highway and
- Develop/nurture client relationships.
- Train and mentor direct reports and other staff as needed.
- Requires at least 10+ plus years of relevant experience in
- Washington State Professional Engineering license (PE) in good
standing, or ability to obtain within 6 months of hire.
- Technical (Bachelor's or higher) degree in civil engineering
from an accredited technical institution is preferred.
- Proficient in the use of MicroStation and Inroads in an
engineering environment, specifically associated with the
production of bridge structural plans (additional AutoCAD and
Civl3D a plus).
- Strong computer skills using Microsoft Office,
Acrobat/Bluebeam, 3D Modeling and other engineering production
software is recommended.
- 5+ years of task or project management preferred.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Positive, self-driven attitude.
- Ability to prioritize and organize assigned tasks.
- Client focused, always striving to give clients the best
- Strong commitment to innovation by creating new and better ways
to solve clients' toughest challenges.
- High levels of integrity, always doing the right thing in an
ethical, fair, and sustainable way.
- Demonstrated experience of collaboration in a diverse and
inclusive team, working together toward technical excellence.
T.Y. Lin International is an equal opportunity employer and we
prohibit discrimination and harassment of any type as protected by
federal, state, or local laws. We celebrate diversity and are
committed to creating an inclusive environment for all
Keywords: T.Y. Lin International, Salem , Lead Project Manager - Transportation, Other , Salem, Oregon
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!