Accounts Payable - Lead Accountant
Company: Jet Industries
Posted on: June 8, 2021
Accounts Payable - Lead Accountant
Jet Industries, Inc. is a family-owned contractor that has
thrived in business for over 40 years by fostering an
entrepreneurial culture that has led to our diversified
construction trades. This same culture has helped us create a
cohesive work-environment, where we offer:
- Career-building opportunities & growth potential.
- A diverse internal training program, Jet University.
- A safety-first, family-like workplace.
- Paid-Time-Off (PTO).
- Affordable Medical/Vision & Dental coverage.
- Matching 401-K.
- Company provided shirts & PPE.
Jet Industries, Inc. is currently seeking an Accounts Payable
Lead Accountant. The ideal candidate will be a highly motivated,
flexible, and organized individual ready to spearhead A/P and take
our A/P Department to the next level. This is not your traditional
task-oriented and established position; there is a lot of
opportunity to show off your accounting skills and own the A/P
process. A successful candidate will be an individual who is
experienced in A/P, but ready for a unique challenge.
- Responsible for full cycle A/P process.
- Process a high volume of vendor invoices in the accounting
software daily insuring that they are posted timely and
- Review and approve expense reports, in accordance with company
- Monitor A/P due dates and issue payments within established pay
- Void payments and invoices, as needed.
- Maintain a good working relationship with all internal
divisions and external vendors, keeping them informed of the
progress of payments, and missing invoices.
- Monitor, reconcile and verify all monthly statements from
vendors immediately requesting copies of all missing invoices and
processing them promptly.
- Manage and reconcile monthly credit card usage.
- Manage and process A/P for multiple entities and multiple bank
- Establish procedures for new entities.
- Process joint checks (both incoming and outgoing).
- Assist with monthly closing of A/P modules.
- Responsible for vendor information and setup.
- Process year end 1099's for multiple entities.
- Oversee and assist other A/P team members questions and
- Provide spending analysis and reports, as necessary.
- Continually seek opportunities to reduce paper and improve
processes for efficiency and increased analysis.
- Requires four+ years of progressively responsible work
experience in the accounts payable department.
- Construction accounting experience is highly preferred.
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting is highly preferred.
- Requires working knowledge of MS-Word and Excel and experience
with an ERP accounting system.
- Must be able to prioritize work and communicate effectively at
- Must be flexible and able to work in a fast paced environment;
must be adaptable to consistent change.
- Experience with streaming processes and implementing new
procedures and software is a plus.
- Must pay attention to details and be highly organized.
- Must be a team player and have a positive attitude.
- Must have a good working knowledge of normal construction
industry practices including joint check procedures and retention
- Viewpoint experience is preferred.
Our company lives and breathes our core values of Integrity,
Customer Service Excellence, Teamwork, Accountability, and Safety.
Because Jet Industries provides more than just a job, we're a
Join the Jet Family today!
Keywords: Jet Industries, Salem , Accounts Payable - Lead Accountant, Other , Salem, Oregon
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!