- Ask us about the variety of shifts available!*
Shifts range from 24 to 40 hours per week, with start times as
early as 5:00am PT/7:00am CT. We also have shifts that include a
combination of weekday and weekend days - let us know what works
- This position will be fully remote. See working conditions for
If your true calling is to make other people's day, we want to
hear from you! Every day we come ready to fight the good fight
against impersonal service and automated voice systems. We embrace
the charge to help our thousands of small business customers grow
their businesses and ultimately to make the world a better
Starting wage in Missouri, Kansas, Arizona: $15.75/hr; Starting
wage in Oregon, Washington: $16.50/hr.
Once converted to the Bilingual team, earn an extra $1.00/hr pay
What is a Virtual Receptionist?
Our proprietary technology enables us to be a virtual extension
of our customers' teams, and make a direct impact on their
businesses every day. If you're a speedy typer who loves tech, and
customer service, read on!
Our customers come from all industries, from Legal to Marketing
to Tech to Healthcare. On any given day, you could be taking a
detailed message for an attorney in one interaction, to connecting
a caller with their wedding planner in another. You will be
speaking with folks from all walks of life across a variety of
industries - the only thing that remains the same is your warm
voice and welcoming tone.
For more details about working for Ruby and the Virtual
Receptionist role, check out our Careers site: ruby.com/careers
- Adhere to Ruby's call-handling expectations, accurately
completing over 200 calls per day, limiting personal bias while
answering calls professionally in your own Ruby tone.
- Navigate seamlessly between English and Spanish callers, taking
written messages in English in our proprietary system.
- Create exceptional caller experiences that delight and WOW by
seeking opportunities to make meaningful connections with customers
and callers. WOW them!
- Maintain accuracy, mindfulness, and a strong attention to
detail in written communication. Cross "T's" and dot "I's," use
proper spelling, grammar, and logical message composition.
Communicate professionally and with personality.
- Multi-task in a fast-paced, technology-rich environment. Toggle
between two screens and utilize multiple applications
simultaneously, while delivering exemplary caller experiences.
- Precisely and consistently follow call-handling instructions on
every call. Provide detailed, accurate notes and messages from
callers, and take ownership of mistakes when they happen.
- Maintain reliable availability and a predictable schedule,
including static rest and lunch breaks during your shift.
Your Work DNA
- You are tech-savvy and can multi-task navigating multiple
screens and systems, while seamlessly navigating a conversation
with a caller or customer live and in real-time.
- You are positive and professional with a high degree of
emotional intelligence. Your can-do attitude is amplified when you
are handling multiple tasks at once.
- You diligently follow instructions yet are comfortable going
off-script when the situation calls for it. You take pride in
representing our customers and providing a fantastic virtual first
impression for a wide variety of businesses from attorneys to
- Your laser-focus and high attention to detail allow you to
accurately depict the spirit of a message, while distilling the
content to ensure it is concise, relevant, and meaningful to
coworkers and to the customer. You are incredibly
- You are a team player, both reliable and present in your role.
Your Coach and teammates can count on you to do what you say you'll
- Bilingual Spanish/English proficiency required (verbal
- 1 year of professional customer-facing experience
- Willing and able to deliver service to a variety of industries
- Enjoys technology and adept at navigating new and complex
- Skilled at navigating difficult interactions while remaining
- Values diversity in their work community and believes inclusion
- Typing speed: 40 WPM and able to pass e-Skill assessment
Requirements for Working Remotely
- Internet bandwidth to support systems and applications
- Run a speed test to test your internet - any site will do! This
one works well: https://www.speedtest.net/
- Minimum required speeds: 20 mbps download / 5 mbps upload (10
- Satellite or wireless internet does not allow sufficient
- Direct access to your router via Ethernet cable (Ethernet cable
will be provided; best connection <50 ft. but can go up to 100
- Dedicated workspace with limited distractions
- Ability to maintain a predictable and consistent schedule
Normally work takes place in an open office, call center
environment with a diverse employee population. Due to COVID-19, we
are working remotely for at least the next few months. If folks are
productive and happy working from home and are located in one of
the states we currently employ hourly folks (OR, WA, MO, KS, AZ),
this position can remain remote. In order to meet the demands of
running our technology remotely, remote Receptionists need to have
internet bandwidth sufficient to run our systems, listed above.
This is a coverage position that requires the ability to work a
predictable and consistent schedule, including breaks. It requires
the ability to sit/stand and work at a computer for extended
periods of time, using finger/hand dexterity to manipulate a
keyboard/mouse in a fast-paced, high-volume environment. It
requires the ability to communicate effectively with a diverse
audience in person, by phone, and by computer. This position may
travel between office sites occasionally to attend meetings or
provide backup phone coverage.
Ruby Receptionists is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All
qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment
without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual
orientation, national origin, age, disability, veteran status or
any other status protected by federal, state or local laws. We
support and encourage diversity!
Ruby participates in e-Verify where mandated by state or federal
law, such as AZ. Feel free to ask us about this if you have any