ASSISTANT GENERAL MANAGER - Shari's of South Salem
Company: Shari's Restaurant
Posted on: June 6, 2021
Shari's Assistant General Manager
REPORTS TO: General Manager
Position Summary: An Assistant General Manager
(AGM) contributes to the success of Sharis by overseeing food
production, guest service, team member performance, restaurant
cleanliness and administrative duties of a Sharis restaurant.
The AGM works shifts opposite those of the General Manger and is
responsible for restaurant operations in the General Managers
off-time. The AGM, along with the General Manager, is
involved in the development, performance monitoring and discipline
of team members.
Essential Functions: To perform the job
successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential
function satisfactorily. The duties and responsibilities
listed below are those that must be met to successfully perform
this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable
individuals with disabilities to perform an essential function.
Salary Exempt: The Assistant General
Manager is a salaried position.
Guest Experience: Maintain maximum
sales and guest satisfaction by overseeing the production of
quality food and beverage served by a service-focused team.
Assist the general manager with sales building activities and team
Quality Food and Beverage:
- Set up the restaurant by conducting and following up on line
checks and bi-weekly PPQCs. Prepare and print daily prep sheets as
needed, oversee prep duties as directed. Provide input on par
- Regularly expedite the pass bar to provide for training,
monitoring, coaching and encouraging team members on quality food
production, plating, prep, temperature standards and ticket times
on your shifts. Assist in developing restaurant plans to
improve guest satisfaction scores for food quality and speed of
- Assist in training and monitoring new menu items and limited
time offerings and oversee implementation on your shifts.
- Set up your shift by completing a FOH log, make station
assignments, schedule breaks and conduct a pre-shift meeting to
communicate a game plan and motivate the team to ensure
satisfaction scores are continually improving.
- Work the floor during peak hours and make contact with each
guest by visiting their table once during the dining experience to
establish a management presence, evaluate levels of service and
coach team members in providing guest satisfaction.
- Follow up and resolve all guest complaints received on your
shifts. Pass along compliments. Log guest comments in
the Managers log.
- Evaluate team members skills and prepare plans for ongoing
training and development for the team members you work with the
Proper Staffing/Quality and Quantity:
- Understand and adhere to Sharis application process.
Conduct interviews and assist in selecting team members.
- Be familiar with all FOH POS labor reports to anticipate
volumes and use scheduled labor wisely on your shifts. Assist
team as needed to increase productivity. Be responsible for
finding replacements for team member call ins that occur on your
- Prepare schedules as assigned; assuring that the restaurant is
meeting its staffing guidelines.
Team Management and Development:
Participate in developing and supervising talented people by
providing training and motivation. Promote team member
relations through consistent implementation of company personnel
policies and procedures. Evaluate and review team members
- Lead a team of approximately 10-15 team members.
- Ensure that all team members receive full and complete training
following Sharis established training programs and conduct ongoing
training on your shifts. Along with the General Manager,
develop and train qualified team trainers.
- Along with the general Manager, evaluate team member
performance. Write and present reviews for team members that
you work with.
- Motivate team by providing daily praise and coaching feedback
on team member performance on your shifts. Assist the entire
management team in maintaining company recognition and reward
programs such as the 100 Club, anniversary, certification, guest
feedback comments, company contests, company promotions and
restaurants recognition programs.
Human Resources Management and Compliance:
- Ensure a safe and harassment free work environment. Ensure all
government mandated compliance rules are followed on your
shift. Ensure that team policies as stated in Sharis
handbook are upheld and incidents are properly reported on your
shift and that any incidents are discussed with the General
- Assist with maintaining the restaurants turnover rate at or
below company average.
- Write and present team member development plans and/or
disciplinary action for those on your shifts.
Cleanliness: Maintain established
restaurant system to ensure to ensure the safety of our product,
our guests and our team members.
- Conduct safety orientations and food safety training for new
team members and monitor team member safety practices each
shift. Assist with maintaining the restaurants safety program
and safety committee.
- Oversee the completion of shift side-work and deep clean
assignments and monitor personal hygiene and uniform standards on
- Communicate restaurants equipment problems to the General
Manager, assist with scheduling and following up on repairs.
- Conduct FOH and BOH check each shift you work to ensure proper
temperatures, storage and handling practices for Sharis food
items. Assist with conducting restaurant Quality Assurance
and Safety Inspections.
Financial Management: Work with
General Manager in building sales through community involvement,
implementing company marketing and maintaining high guest service
scores. Contribute in maintaining food, labor and other costs in
accordance with company policies, procedures and operating
practices. Practice analyzing cost and developing action
- Maximize sales by executing Sharis Service Steps and menu
production on your shifts.
- Manage labor on your shifts using Sharis scheduling program
available labor reports.
- Control food cost and waste on your shifts by using Sharis
inventory program and available food cost reports. Prepare
food orders as assigned.
- Work closely with the General Manager in maintaining the
restaurants other controllable budget.
- Actively develop and implement plans for improving the
restaurants guest satisfaction scores.
- Properly complete shift and day close duties on your shifts and
complete shiftly, daily, weekly and period accounting duties as
assigned. Follow Sharis Security and Banking Procedures and
Sharis Cash handling Procedures.
- Properly execute restaurant systems on your shifts.
- Completed delegated management tasks in a timely manner.
- Attend weekly manager meetings to learn important information
and share feedback. Conduct 1-minute meetings on your shifts.
Ensure that company communications are properly and effectively
communicated on your shifts. Assist with the preparation and
delivery of team member meetings.
- Develop your verbal and written communication skills.
- Inform the General Manager of any restaurant concerns you have
about product, procedures or team members in a timely manner.
- Champion Change: Paves the way for needed changes and
manages implementation effectively.
- Seasoned Judgment: Takes all critical information
into account when making decisions; make timely, decisions.
- Coach and Develop: Accurately assesses strengths
and development needs of team members; gives timely, specific
feedback, and helpful coaching; provides challenging assignments
and ongoing development.
- Inspiring Trust: Earns the confidence and trust of
others; shows consistency between words, and actions; delivers on
commitments; produces high-quality work and demonstrates high
standards of ethical conduct; protects confidential
- Foster Open Communication: Creates an atmosphere
in which timely and high quality information flows smoothly between
self and others; encourages the open expression of ideas and
- Attracting and Developing Talent: Accurately
appraises the strengths and weaknesses of others; provides
constructive feedback; assists in developing successors and talent
- Driving Executions: Monitors results; tackles
problems directly and with a sense of urgency.
- Sharis Professionalism: Consistently treats
individual with dignity and respect, recognizing the importance of
cultural differences. Embraces, communicates and demonstrates
company values and ethics. Maintains reasonable expectations
of self and others when balancing time and performance demands with
personal and professional needs.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS REQUIRED:
- Able to read, write and communicate English well.
- Possess basic math skills needed to calculate budgets, payroll,
balance till and complete banking duties.
- Able to drive and hold a valid state drivers license.
- Proven previous management or supervisory experience.
- Able to direct, motivate, discipline and interact with team
- Possess reasoning abilities needed to project sales, evaluate
budgets and analyze profit statements.
- Able to obtain and maintain an alcohol service permit.
The Assistant General Manager position requires the ability to
work approximately 50 hours a week, 10 hours daily. While
performing the duties of this position the team member is required
to stand and walk continuously for 8-10 hours. Team member will sit
occasionally each hour. Team member will continuously be
performing hand and wrist work including grasping. Team
member will frequently bend and twist. Team member will
occasionally push and pull, do fine hand manipulation, reach above
the shoulder and kneel or squat. The position seldom requires
climb/stairs. Team member will continuously lift or carry
0-10 pounds; frequently lift or carry 11-15 pounds and rarely lift
16-20 pounds. Team member will occasionally use fine
manipulation for keyboarding.
Keywords: Shari's Restaurant, Salem , ASSISTANT GENERAL MANAGER - Shari's of South Salem, Other , Salem, Oregon
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!