Public Service Representative 3 - Multiple Opportunities in Wilsonville & Beaverton!
Company: Oregon State Hospital - Salem
Posted on: June 6, 2021
Initial Posting Date:
2,638.00 - 3,855.00
Public Service Representative 3 - Multiple Opportunities in
Wilsonville & Beaverton!
***We are recruiting for multiple Public Service Representative
3 positions for our Wilsonville and Beaverton Contact Centers.
Applications will be reviewed as they arrive. The start date for
these positions is July 1, 2021. ***
Every employee at the Employment Department is passionate about
serving Oregonians and Oregon businesses. If you feel inspired
and motivated by our mission, vision, and values, we invite you to
join us in exceeding our customers expectations!
- Our mission: to support business and promote employment.
We do this by providing stability for Oregonians and communities
during times of unemployment, by helping businesses find great
workers and job seekers find employment, and by providing workforce
and economic information to promote informed decision making.
- Our vision: an Oregon where meaningful work enables the
states diverse people and businesses to realize their full
potential, creating prosperity in every community.
- Our values: Integrity - We are trusted to keep
our word, always acting with honesty and courage. Respect -
We value diverse perspectives, assume good intent, and act with
compassion. Community - We foster a sense of belonging for
our employees, partners, and customers, creating positive impacts
where we live and work.
What you will be doing!
The primary purpose of these positions are to work with individuals
requiring assistance for Unemployment Insurance benefits over the
phone. The Unemployment Insurance Contact Center averages over 6000
calls per week. A significant portion of these calls are general
inquiry calls that are non-transactional. This position will be
trained to address these non-transactional claim inquiries while
also recognizing when a claim needs to be transferred to another
queue to be reviewed by others.
In this role you will:
- Receive a high volume of customer information from queue based
- Verify demographic, claim and wage information from customers
in order to ensure confidentiality
- Obtain and clarify additional information to assist customers
in routing calls to the appropriate phone queue(s)
- Provide customers with explanation of rules, policies,
procedures, and programs in order to secure compliance and explain
- Provide requested or relevant informational forms or literature
to the public to aid in understanding of agency programs and
- Retrieve information on computer to check that the data
supplied is correct
- Provide basic, non-transactional information on claims
including claim status, payment status, weekly benefit amount,
unemployment insurance definition, claim qualifications, calendar
quarter definition, claiming procedures for customers, waiting week
definitions, work search requirements, welcome process
expectations, temporary layoff definitions, payment options, 1099 G
documentation inquiries and hearings procedures
Whats in it for you!
- A workplace that balances productivity with enjoyment, and
encourages learning and mentoring.
- Rewarding work in a fast-paced, creative environment with
colleagues who are passionate about public service.
- A workplace that fosters fairness, equity, and inclusion to
maintain a workplace environment where everyone is treated with
respect and dignity regardless of race, color, national origin,
religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status,
age, veteran status, disability, or status as a victim of domestic
violence, harassment, sexual assault, or stalking. This policy
applies to every aspect of our employment practices, including
recruitment, hiring, retention, promotion, and training.
- Work/life balance, 10 paid holidays a year, and a
What we are looking for!
- Responsibility: Demonstrated responsibility for your own
actions and a commitment to performing assigned tasks. Ability to
comply with requirements regarding sensitive and confidential
- Multi-tasking: Ability to attend to multiple tasks
simultaneously and enthusiastically, deliver high quality work on
time, and remain productive and calm in pressured
- Willingness to Learn: Demonstrated ability of being open
to new experiences, seeking both positive and negative feedback,
looking back on past experiences and considering alternate courses
of action, and finding patterns and order in complex
- Customer Focus: Ability to professionally interact with
a high volume of diverse customers providing service that exceeds
the customers expectations.
- Adaptability and Resilience: Ability to be comfortable
with changing or uncertain environments. Ability to remain
professional, calm and adapt communication style with diverse
customer needs or customers that are frustrated, upset or
- Working with Information: Ability to efficiently and
effectively use data, critical thinking, and analytical reasoning
to gather information and apply laws, rules and polices to solve
problems and make decisions.
- Commitment to valuing diversity and promoting inclusion
- Ability to easily navigate multiple computer programs such as
data entry programs to enter and review information and Microsoft
- Preferred Qualification: Experience working as a Public
Service Representative 3 role supporting Oregon Employment
- Required Minimum Qualifications: Two years of experience
in customer service. One year of which must have included
explanation of rules, regulations, and policies and responsibility
for dealing with unique or unusual situations.
- SHL Assessment: In addition to your related
work experience and education, candidates who meet minimum
qualifications will be required to complete an online assessment.
Please make sure the minimum qualifications you have are clearly
demonstrated in your application materials. Your application
materials may be evaluated on spelling, grammar, punctuation, and
How to Apply:
- External Applicants: Click on the Apply link above to
fill out the online application and submit by the posted closing
date. Please use the name you want us to address you by. You can
upload your resume and the system will parse your information into
- Current State of Oregon employees (this includes temporary
employees) OED/Statewide employees must apply through your
employee Workday account.
- Important: Please monitor both your email and Workday
account for updates regarding this recruitment. You may be asked to
submit additional information after initial application.
- This is a limited duration assignment currently funded
through February 28, 2022. Limited duration appointments are
regular status and benefits eligible. This position may be
extended beyond this date and/or have continued funding approved in
the future with the potential to become permanent.
- This position is represented by the Service Employees
International Union (SEIU).
- This recruitment may be used to fill future vacancies as they
- Important: Please ensure youve provided a thorough and
updated application as it pertains to the position for which you
are applying. The required application materials submitted at
time of application will be used to determine salary based on a pay
equity assessment.For further information, please visit the
- The salary listed is the non-PERS qualifying salary range. If
the successful candidate is PERS qualifying, the salary range will
reflect the additional 6.95%. Please review the page for more
details, or you may for information on Pay Equity.
Remote Work Information:
Candidates may be approved for temporary remote work until the
current COVID-19 restrictions are lifted. Remote work suitability
is evaluated based on business needs at the time of hire. Remote
work approval can be revoked at any time. Candidates are expected
- Be able to report to one of the office locations listed in the
job posting, as necessary.
- Demonstrate access to a broadband internet connection that
meets or exceeds the minimum acceptable requirements; to view the
minimum acceptable requirements. OED IT Services will provide the
necessary hardware to employees who are approved for remote
- Have a private workspace
- Maintain good standing (i.e. no performance or attendance
To receive Veterans' Preference, you must complete the required
Task that will be sent to your Workday account after
successfully submitting your application. This Task will
prompt you to provide the appropriate documentation. Please visit:
for additional information on required documentation.
Equity and Inclusion:
We foster fairness, equity, and inclusion to maintain a workplace
environment where everyone is treated with respect and dignity
regardless of race, color, national origin, religion, sex, sexual
orientation, gender identity, marital status, age, veteran status,
disability, or status as a victim of domestic violence, harassment,
sexual assault, or stalking. This policy applies to every aspect of
our employment practices, including recruitment, hiring, retention,
promotion, and training.
- View guidance our hiring managers use at the following website:
- Please read more about our !
Criminal Records Check:
The Employment Department is committed to being a leader in
providing its employees with fair and equal employment
opportunities and recognizes that as a best practice in equity and
inclusion, criminal background check policies shall be job related
and consistent with business necessity.The agency will only
consider information from the past four years (starting from the
date of the arrest) for nonviolent offenses and the past seven
years for violent offenses when conducting its own criminal records
checks pursuant to Oregon Administrative Rules (OAR) 125-007-0200
through 125-007-0330. For positions with authorized access to FBI
Criminal Justice Information Systems (CJIS) information, a separate
criminal records check is conducted by the Oregon State Police. If
you would like further information on how each criminal records
check is conducted, please read our or contact us at the number
below with any questions.
Contact Information and Helpful Links:
- If you have questions about the job announcement or need an
alternate format to apply, please contact us at 503-947-1289; .
Please be sure to include the job announcement number.
- Understanding the State Application Process:
- Reasonable Accommodations:
- Resources for Job Seekers:
Keywords: Oregon State Hospital - Salem, Salem , Public Service Representative 3 - Multiple Opportunities in Wilsonville & Beaverton!, Other , Salem, Oregon
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!