Company: David Evans and Associates
Posted on: June 6, 2021
David Evans and Associates, Inc. is looking to add an entry
level Construction Inspector to our Transportation group based in
our Salem, OR office. This position will provide on-site
construction inspection and applicable documentation for
transportation projects. This includes observation of construction
work activities for compliance with plans and specifications,
preparation of required contract documentation, and following
prescribed Quality Assurance/Quality Control (QA/QC) procedures, as
well as providing assistance and support for design projects
including curb ramps.
- Perform technical calculations and related work in the field or
- Inspect, observe and document project is constructed in
accordance with contract documents.
- Maintain accurate daily record of the work (labor, equipment,
materials, and quantities).
- Communicate with the Construction Manager, Project Engineer, or
other field engineering staff.
- Assist in developing design projects for construction.
- Calculating quantities and producing sketches in excel, CADD,
or by hand
- Assisting in assessment of existing curb ramps for future
- Basic computer skills in word and excel
- Ability to work effectively and efficiently with client
representatives, contractors, the public, as well as peers and
- Excellent skills in working independently and asking
- Effectively multitask and prioritize and track construction
issues through to completion
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to work in a team environment
- High school diploma
- Proficiency in basic math skills
- Ability to obtain ODOT inspector certifications within 12
months by taking training classes
- Knowledge of the practices used and the equipment required on
- Excellent skills in working independently
Transportation Jobs with DEA
The increasing complexities of modern transportation include
growing demands, aging infrastructure, rising costs, funding
challenges, and environmental concerns. Agencies and communities
faced with improving their transportation systems must do more with
less. From initial investigations through planning, concept
development, final design, and construction, DEA responds with
solutions that serve today's transportation needs while
accommodating tomorrow's growth. Our Transportation Business Unit
focuses on four markets; Bridges and Structures, Roads and
Highways, Transit and Rail, and Construction Engineering.
Keywords: David Evans and Associates, Salem , Construction Inspector, Other , Salem, Oregon
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!