Safety Clerk Specialist
Company: Salem Health Hospitals & Clinics
Posted on: January 15, 2020
Your Team. Your Choice. Choose Salem Health.Salem Health does more
than provide high quality patient care. It is an organization that
commits itself to empowering teams to create, innovate, and dream.
We are looking for individuals who can challenge the status quo,
raise the bar, and embrace change. At Salem Health, we want
trailblazers, self-starters, and creative thinkers to drive
improvement in the health care arena where patient-centered is more
than just words.The Security department is currently seeking a
talented Safety Clerk Specialist to join their team!The Safety
Clerk Specialist primary responsibility is to ensure OR-OSHA
regulatory compliance through conducting safety inspections and
audits for the safety department. This position will report to the
Hospital Safety Supervisor. Primary inspections to include: Monthly
fire extinguishers, safety showers and building/campus safety. This
position will also conduct required fire drills, hazardous waste
audits, Environment of Care safety audits throughout the Salem
Health organization. Will be responsible for Salem Health hazardous
chemical waste pick-up and documentation.Core Job Functions:
- Responsible for OR-OSHA regulatory inspections for Salem
- Responsible for conducting campus wide fire drills in
accordance with regulatory requirements.
- Conduct Environment of Care safety audits in accordance with
The Joint Commission.
- Chemical hazardous waste collection, storage, and documentation
in accordance with DEQ/EPA requirements.
- Conduct hazardous waste audits in accordance with DEQ/EPA
- Assist in safety accident investigations, hospital safety
committee initiatives and other duties as
assigned.Qualifications:Education & Experience
- High School diploma or GED, required.
- One (1) year healthcare experience preferred.
- Experience working in environment, health and safety is highly
preferred.License, Certification, Registrations
- Forty (40) Hour HAZWOPER certification obtained within three
(3) months of hire.
- NIMS HICS 100, 200 and 700 on-line certificates obtained within
six (6) months of hire.Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong organizational and time management skills.
- Basic knowledge of Microsoft business products (Word, Excel,
Outlook and PowerPoint).As a leader in the local industry, Salem
Health offers a generous total rewards package, an empowering
culture, and a commitment to the development and growth of our
in-house talent. Our work is grounded in respect for people and
continuous improvement and we invite you to partner with us to
further our mission.Salem Health is an equal opportunity employer.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment
without regard to race, religion, color, gender, gender identity,
sexual orientation, age, national origin, disability, veteran
status, or any other status or condition protected by
law.Requisition ID: 2019-4852 Street: 890 Oak St SE Maximum Salary
(DOE): DOE Shift (Please note: this field is external facing to
candidates): Days Work Schedule (Please note: this field is
external facing to candidates): Mon. - Fri. Days Hours Each Week
(Please note: this field is external facing to candidates):
Keywords: Salem Health Hospitals & Clinics, Salem , Safety Clerk Specialist, Other , Salem, Oregon
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!