Company: NIC Inc
Posted on: September 9, 2018
About Oregon Information Division of NIC
A Salem-based subsidiary of eGovernment firm NIC (Nasdaq: EGOV), Oregon Information Division of NIC is committed to bringing clean, streamlined, responsive design to Oregon's online services and Oregon.gov websites, leveraging usability studies to validate design decisions.
NIC builds official websites, online services, and secure payment processing solutions for more than 3,500 federal, state, and local government agencies across the U.S. NIC provides Internet-based electronic government services that help governments reduce costs and provide a higher level of service to businesses and citizens.
Additionally, you will be part of a creative team, responsible for both enhancing existing websites and developing new websites. You must have an ability to work in a fast-paced environment that includes an aggressive release schedule. You should be passionate about the web, solving complex problems and driving issues to resolution, and take pride in being the person that people rely on to get the job done.
An ideal candidate understands and has well-rounded experience meeting with clients, wireframing, beautiful user interface design, writing clean semantic code, and working with product managers and programmers for a successful launch.
Why work here?
- Learn important skills - Work with the latest web technologies.
- Impact government - Push the boundaries of digital government.
- Small, startup culture - Where everybody knows your name! What we expect
- Design, code and implement websites with a high attention to detail.
- Meet with clients and partners regarding website and application development.
- Architect and re-architect websites.
- Mockup and wireframe designs based on need and your expertise.
- Implement mobile and responsive designs, usability and best practices.
- Maintain and generate new ideas around the Oregon.gov website.
- Test websites and applications for accessibility and usability.
- Participate in preparing requirements and specification.
- Social media integration and utilization to meet partner needs.
- Understanding of use-cases and information architecture.
- A passion for the web and keeping up with usability, UX/UI research, and semantic web concepts.
- Here, you are a self-directed team player. You might be working solo on a project or part of a team. Required Qualifications
- Minimum 3 years of experience designing and developing websites and applications
- A strong portfolio both visually and under the hood. Not only what it looks like on the face, but we want to see great semantic code under the hood
- In-depth experience with HTML, CSS, JS, Responsive design and Mobile first thinking. Let's talk HTML5 and CSS3!
- A high level of proficiency using Adobe products (or equivalent)
- A solid understanding of graphic and interactive design with a strong focus on usability and user experience
- Knowledge of and ability to use business office products (Word, Excel, Acrobat, Outlook, etc.)
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, as well as strong problem-solving abilities and an aptitude for learning new technologies
- Knowledge of browser compatibility (and the quirks of each) across multiple platforms and devices
- Strong organizational, prioritization and multitasking skills
- Desire to work in a fast-paced environment
- Self-motivated, creative and strong sense of accountability
- Strong ability to design with accessibility in mind. We partner with government agencies, so Section 508 isn't just a good idea. It's the law! Preferred Qualifications
- SharePoint 2007, 2010 or 2013 knowledge
- Solid understanding of responsive design
- Familiarity with multiple HTML Frameworks
- A desire to live on the bleeding edge of the web and make it work Benefits
- Competitive compensation program
- No-cost group medical/dental insurance
- Stock purchase plan
- Matching 401(k) contributions with 100% vesting
- Disability insurance
- Life insurance
- Company wellness program
- Casual and fun office environment
- Paid State holidays/vacation
- Tuition reimbursement Qualifications
0" style="display: none;">
0" id="behaviors" style="display: none;">
0" id="motivations" style="display: none;">
0" id="education" style="display: none;">
0" id="work-experience" style="display: none;">
0" id="licensesAndCertifications" style="display: none;">
Licenses & Certifications
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor's legal duty to furnish information.
Keywords: NIC Inc, Salem , WEB DESIGNER, IT / Software / Systems , Salem, Oregon
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!