Company: Express Employment Pros/Stoller Group - Salem
Posted on: June 22, 2022
Express Employment is looking to hire a Payroll Specialist for a
local Non-Profit. The Payroll Specialist maintains the payroll
functions, assuring that timesheet data are coded to correct grant
and line-item budget(s), that all employees withholding is correct,
that payroll runs process properly and employees receive correct
pay via check or ACH and that all required payroll records are
properly controlled and maintained. Promotes the efficient overall
goals and operation of the Fiscal Department.Schedule: Full-time.
M-F; 8am-5pmPay: $23-$25/hr. DOEMINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS:The
requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge,
skill, and/or ability required of this position.EDUCATION and/or
- 2-year certificate from college or technical school, and 3-4
years related experience and/or training in accounting with related
studies in business administration, business law, and common
computer applications; or equivalent combination of education and
- The experience must have been progressively responsible and
include full-charge responsibility for the payroll function for an
entity or for a set of books (for a smaller entity would be
acceptable), or for a set of customer accounts, or other
responsibility showing mastery of the skills associated with
performance of the assigned duties and the ability to problem
solve, apply regulations or procedures, notify affected parties
appropriately.CERTIFICATES, LICENSES & REGISTRATIONS
- Candidate must pass a comprehensive background screening prior
- Valid driver license and insured vehicle available for use on
the job with satisfactory drive record for the past 3 years, or
- This position is subject to a Mandatory COVID-19 Vaccination
Policy.ESSENTIAL DUTIES and RESPONSIBILITIES:This job description
is not intended to be all-inclusive. Employee will also perform
other reasonably related business duties as assigned by immediate
supervisor and other management as required.
- Reviews agency timesheets for signature, appropriateness of
coding; works with employees and their supervisors if revisions are
- Oversees the input of all agency timesheets into the payroll
- Produces reports at various stages of the payroll process for
review and verification by the incumbent and by other staff
assigned to review and verify the payroll run. Includes and
maintains supporting documentation for each payroll.
- Conscientiously safeguards all confidential information to
include identity information that incumbent receives, uses and
maintains as part of the duties of this position to include making
other aware of the existence of any confidential information
included in reports or supporting documentation that is given to
other designated parties for review or approval.
- Maintains expert knowledge of the agency payroll system and
uses this resolve errors or issues with payroll runs, to correct
payrolls, and to maintain tax rates, benefit codes and other codes
used by the system in the processing of payrolls.
- Provides information in the form of ad hoc or system reports to
directors and others as requested and as approved by the CFO.
- Works together with HR and other member of Fiscal Services to
ensure all employee records are accurate and issues are resolved.
This position does not have update employee data, but may become
aware of employee moves, name change and withholding updates.
- Works with appropriate parties in Fiscal Services or HR to
ensure records are updated.
- Processes any garnishments issued to the agency against any
- Respond to standard benefit and semi-complex payroll related
inquiries from employees.
- Processes 401(k) related reports to third-party provider.
- Completes year-end payroll processing.
- Performs any other tasks as necessary.Contact us today! Call
our office today to apply over the phone (503) 399-1200! Or email
us your resume at: Erin.Dunn@ExpressPros.com *Please add "(Payroll
Specialist)" to the subject line of your email.
Keywords: Express Employment Pros/Stoller Group - Salem, Salem , Payroll Specialist, Human Resources , Salem, Oregon
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!