Manager in Training
Company: Jacksons Food Stores, Inc.
Posted on: July 12, 2019
Manager in Training
The Manager in Training position is responsible to train in
multiple locations on Jacksons policies, procedures and leadership
philosophy in preparation for Store Manager opportunities in the
Jacksons team from succession and/or Company growth. The position
is scheduled to work at multiple training locations to learn the
various aspects and management of the operation of a convenience
store to ensure a clean, pleasant, and friendly place to shop for
the customer and a safe place for the employees and customers. They
set the example for the operations of the stores to make Jacksons
the place to shop for our customers. A Manager in Training is
responsible for establishing and maintaining outstanding GUEST
service, assisting in overseeing and accountability for the
operation of a store ensuring maximum sales and profitability
through merchandise, inventory, expense control, and managing
operating costs and shrinkage.
· Provide exceptional GUEST service. Being courteous, always
greeting and thanking all customers.
· Be knowledgeable of, follows, interprets, and enforces company
policy and procedures with employees.
· Ensures proper sanitation and food handling/prep/storage/disposal
procedures are followed.
· Maintain cleanliness of building, islands, and pumps.
· Maintain interior/exterior cleanliness and supply stock of
carwash, where applicable.
· Restock shelving, displays, and coolers as needed; transferring
of product keeping store outs to a minimum.
· Clean fast food area, equipment, and stock as needed; keeping
store outs to a minimum.
· Pick up/empty trash and clean store and parking lot as
· Suggest possible purchases to the customer and promote store
· Generates weekly work schedules and directs the store workforce
and approves the hours of work for Payroll. Ensures that no one
works off the clock and that any overtime worked is authorized and
paid. Ensures banking hours are recorded and paid accurately.
· Monitors all financial transactions for the store on a daily
basis. Identifies reasons for cash or inventory shortages.
Immediately reports any unexplained or excessive cash or inventory
losses to the DM.
· Makes daily bank deposits, except on the weekend when the
Assistant Manager or other authorized person is doing the
· Make safe drops as per company policies.
· Ensures that weekly product orders are prepared and submitted on
time. Reconciles order deliveries against the orders submitted.
· Ensures that all weekly financial reports, including payroll, are
completed and submitted to Corporate on time.
· Handle customer complaints in a professional manner.
· Must be available to respond to emergencies at any time.
· Effectively managing foodservice and beverage programs to ensure
maximization of sales and minimizing loss.
· Participate in monthly manager meetings.
· Execute effective monthly store meetings.
· Must be available to work any shift and holidays.
· Ensures compliance with all Federal and State regulations,
· Reviews surveillance video periodically and to investigate
· Must be safety/security conscious, adhere to the guidelines in
the Safety Manual, and respond to any accidents or incidents
immediately that occur on the premises. Investigate and gather all
pertinent information regarding customer and employee
· Report to work promptly, neatly groomed, and in uniform.
· Enter all sales in the register at the time of sale.
· Keep work area neat, clean, and organized.
· Operate cash register and other store equipment.
· Prepare cashier checkout and report accurately and according to
· Fueling customer cars, checking engine fluids, and washing
customer windows as needed. (Required in Oregon; as needed in other
areas for handicapped customers)
· Other duties as assigned.
Manager in Training position are temporary in length as individuals
in this position will be required to transition into management or
other roles in the Company.
High school education or equivalent experience. Must be of legal
age to sell alcohol. Must have 2 years management experience. Must
have valid drivers license and reliable transportation. Strong
attention to detail. Being self-motivated and having strong
attention to detail are essential traits.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently
required to stand, walk, bend, and twist; use hands and fingers to
handle or feel objects and controls; reach with hands and arms;
climb or balance; stoop, kneel, or crouch; and talk and hear. Must
frequently lift and/or move up to 20 pounds and occasionally lift
and/or move up to 65 pounds. Environmental conditions include heat,
cold, allergen, noise, and fume/chemical/odor exposure from
gasoline and cleaning chemicals.
Keywords: Jacksons Food Stores, Inc., Salem , Manager in Training, Hospitality & Tourism , Salem, Oregon
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!