Retail Counter/Cook for Fish Peddler's Market in Newport
Company: Pacific Seafood
Posted on: May 14, 2022
At Pacific Seafood, we do more than just provide the world with
the healthiest proteins on the planet. We cultivate a work
environment that listens to our team members, nurtures potential,
embraces diversity, and values innovative thinking. As a leader in
the seafood industry, we know that the key to our success is based
on the commitment to excellence displayed by our team
members.SummaryTo provide prompt, excellent customer service to
patrons of The Fish Peddler. - Responsibilities include seafood
counter sales, stocking, and other duties as assigned. Responsible
for product knowledge, quality control, and building relationships
with store customers. -Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Be a role model in projecting and applying The Pacific Group
Diamond Philosophy (Productivity, Quality, Excellence, and
Teamwork) and promote teamwork at all times.
- Stock and merchandise all seafood products in the display
- Rotate product as needed.
- Provide knowledge of products along with cooking and serving
suggestions to patrons.
- Demonstrate detailed knowledge of food safety at all
- Assist customers with inquiries and complaints.
- Operate scales and cash register.
- Maintain a clean and safe work environment at all times.
- Assist kitchen and wait staff when necessary.
- Perform other duties as assigned.Qualifications
- Minimum one year of prior experience in food counter sales,
merchandising of food products, or other related experience is
- Prior seafood experience is preferred.
- A food handler's card is preferred.
- Strong customer service skills.
- Effective communication skills.Total CompensationAt Pacific
Seafood, your base wage is only a portion of your overall
compensation package. When you add in the additional benefits below
to our competitive base wage, you can increase your total
compensation up to 25%.
- Health insurance benefits options, including medical,
prescription, vision, dental, basic group life, and short-term
- Flexible spending accounts for health flex and dependent care
- 401(k) Retirement Plan options with generous annual company
- Paid time off for all regular FT team members, including paid
sick and vacation.
- Employee Assistance Program- Confidential professional
counseling, financial, and legal assistance provided at no charge
to Team Members and immediate family members.
- Product purchase program.Pacific Seafood is an equal
opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive
consideration for employment without regard to race, color,
religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected
veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.Equal
Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with
DisabilitiesThe contractor will not discharge or in any other
manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they
have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the
pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have
access to the compensation information of other employees or
applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot
disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals
who do not otherwise have access to compensation information,
unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or
charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding,
hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the
employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor's legal duty to
furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)
Keywords: Pacific Seafood, Salem , Retail Counter/Cook for Fish Peddler's Market in Newport, Hospitality & Tourism , Newport, Oregon
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!