Kitchen Manager ($50,000K+, +TIPS)
Company: Rogue Ales & Spirits
Posted on: January 13, 2022
Rogue is an open, inclusive company committed to fostering a
diverse, equitable workplace.At Rogue our mantra is Dare, Risk,
Dream. This is an attitude that comes from relentless curiosity and
a drive to question, create and inspire. A DIY spirit runs through
everything we do and make. We aren't afraid to think big, get messy
and risk it all when it comes to creating authentic, innovative
products that we are passionate about.Job OverviewThe Kitchen
Manager is directly responsible for all kitchen functions including
food purchasing, preparation and maintenance of quality standards;
sanitation and cleanliness; training of employees in methods of
cooking, preparation, plate presentation, portion and cost control
and sanitation and cleanliness. We're looking for someone who can
lead the team, crush the busiest times with a great attitude, share
their passion for cooking and kick out a fun special every now and
then, all while taking pride in keeping their work environment
clean and safe.Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Ensure all food and products are consistently prepared and
served according to the restaurant's recipes, portioning, cooking
and serving standards.
- Responsible for all kitchen employment decisions including
interviewing, hiring, evaluating, coaching & corrective
- Provide orientation of company and department rules, policies
and procedures and oversee all subjects of training new kitchen
employees. Provide consistent, ongoing, career development training
for all kitchen staff.
- Fill in where needed to ensure successful guest service and
efficiency of kitchen operations.
- Prepare all required paperwork, including forms, reports and
schedules in an organized and timely manner.
- Ensure that all equipment is kept clean and kept in excellent
working condition through personal inspection and by following the
restaurant's preventative maintenance programs.
- Work with Director of Kitchen Operations to plan new menu
items. Establish portion sizes and prepare standard recipe cards
for all new menu items.
- Ensure that all products are ordered according to predetermined
product specifications and received in correct unit count and
condition and deliveries are performed in accordance with the
restaurant's receiving policies and procedures.
- Control food cost and usage by following proper requisition of
products from storage areas, product storage procedures, standard
recipes and waste control procedures.
- Oversee and ensure that restaurant policies on employee
performance appraisals are followed and completed on a timely
- Schedule labor as required by anticipated business activity
while ensuring that all positions are staffed when and as needed
and labor cost objectives are met.
- Responsible for knowledge of and adherence of all company
policies & procedures. Ensure kitchen team also adheres to polices
& procedures. Responsible for appropriate coaching, and corrective
- Responsible for maintaining appropriate cleaning schedules for
kitchen floors, mats, walls, hoods, other equipment and food
- Responsible for maintaining proper food holding and
refrigeration temperature control points.
- Provide safety training in basic first aid, lifting and
carrying objects, and handling hazardous materials.Minimum
- Culinary Degree PreferredExperience:
- A minimum of 5 years of experience in varied kitchen positions
including food preparation, line cook, fry cook and expediter.
- At least 6 months experience in a similar capacity.Required
- Guest Service: Friendly, hospitable interactions with with
- Attention to Detail: food standards, costs, safety, etc.
- Leadership: rally the team during busy shifts, resolve
conflicts, and ultimately lead by example.
- Management Skills: cost control, labor control, scheduling,
repair & maintenance, safety
- Organizational Skills: maintain consistency, weekly schedules,
shipments, manage checklist, cleaning schedules
- Problem-Solving Skills: conflict resolutions, Dealing with
employee conflict, irate customers and wrong stock orders is part
of a kitchen managers job. Being able to come up with a solution
quickly is a needed skill.
- Communication Skills: consistently and clearly communicate with
the restaurant team, guests and coworkersPhysical DemandsThe
physical demands described here are representative of those that
must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential
functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the
employee is frequently required to sit; stand; walk; reach with
hands and arms; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl;
and talk or hear. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up
to 40 pounds and be able to move kegs which weigh close to 165
pounds.Why Rogue?You'll get to work in a fun, fast and energetic
work environment. We are a group of people who believe in the power
of creating things in small batches by hand and in building things
ourselves. If you love craft beers, spirits and canned cocktails,
this is the place to be. Generous paid time off (PTO), 401(k)
matching, pet benefits, comprehensive health insurance and more!How
to applyIf you are interested please attach your cover letter,
resume, and anything else you would like to share with us.
Keywords: Rogue Ales & Spirits, Salem , Kitchen Manager ($50,000K+, +TIPS), Hospitality & Tourism , Newport, Oregon
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!