Full-Time Transitional Care Coordinator/RN
Company: Signature Healthcare at Home
Posted on: November 9, 2019
Now Hiring!Full-Time Transitional Care Coordinator (RN or Licensed
Social Worker) for our Salem, Oregon office! Location:Signature
Healthcare at Home1220 20th Street SE, Suite 304Salem, Oregon 97302
Work Schedule:Monday through Friday, 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM
Overview:Transitional Care Coordination is a collaborative process
of assessment, planning, facilitation, care coordination,
evaluation, utilization and advocacy for options and services to
meet an individual's and family's/caregiver's comprehensive health
needs through communication and available resources to promote
quality cost effective outcomes. Successful outcomes cannot be
achieved without specialized skills and knowledge applied
throughout the process. These skills include, but are not limited
to, positive relationship-building; effective written and verbal
communication; negotiation; knowledge of contractual or risk
arrangements; the ability to effect change, perform ongoing
evaluation and critical analysis; end of life care planning and the
ability to plan, organize and manage effectively. Please apply on
line for this position here: https://signature-careers.com
- Registered Nurse or Master of Social Work acting as a liaison
between the patient, family/caregivers, clinical team, providers
and third-party payers in the coordination of continued care, both
for patients seen in the Health Centers as well as hospital
- Perform qualifying assessments to determine the appropriateness
of patient referrals and effectively manage these referrals.
- Collaborate with Executive Director to identify priority
clients and to address allocation of available time.
- Serve as a resource for discharge planners, patients and/or
their families to educate them about our various services and
- Accurately document all care and transition information in
- Effectively collaborate with all members of a patient's care
team, including the family and support systems.
- Advocate for patients, interacting positively with a variety of
community and healthcare representatives.
- Identify barriers for care.
- Work in conjunction with Sales, Marketing and Operations Teams
to accomplish objectives.
- Receive guidance from Sales Leadership regarding implementation
of Signature best practices.
- Meet or exceed referral and admissions goals established by the
VP of Sales and the Executive Director.
- Using Signature technology, accumulate data and provide regular
updates on status and progress of activities.
- Maintain the confidentiality of all patient care information
including protected health information, report known or suspected
incidents of unauthorized disclosure of such information.
- Flexible schedule and regular, punctual attendance to meet with
patients and caregivers to discuss and plan for services.
- Create and maintain a favorable public image of Signature
Healthcare at Home. Support company mission, values and goals.
- Attend meetings and participate in committees as required.
- Attend and participate in mandatory training programs.
- Must have a current RN license in good standing or Masters'
Degree in Social Work from an accredited school of Social
- Two years' work experience in a hospital setting
- Requires exceptional communication and collaboration skills to
interact with medical staff, all department staff and Health
Center/Medical Home Management.
- Requires ability to problem solve effectively in complex
- Must have strong assessment and goal setting skills and project
- Must be able to take the lead in a confident and competent
manner in emotionally demanding situations.
- Must be knowledgeable of community resources.
- Working knowledge of prevailing Federal and State regulations
guiding the profession a plus; required within 6 months of
- Working knowledge of intensity/severity criteria in common
- Collaboration, negotiation and mediation skills; and time
management and prioritization skills required.
- Familiarity with MS Office and Internet use required.
- Familiarity with HCHB or EPIC a plus and will be required
within 3 months of hire.
- PRI or Screen Certification preferred and will be required
after successful completion of probation status
- Must demonstrate knowledge of funding sources (third party
payer contracts and requirements), health care services, human
behavior dynamics, the health care delivery and financing systems,
and clinical standards and outcomes.
- Must have a valid driver's license, available insured vehicle
and ability to make home visits. Please apply on line for this
position here: https://signature-careers.com Or contact Lee
Whitlock: Signature Healthcare At Home - Director of RecruitingE:
LWhitlock@signaturehch.comP: 971-224-2512C: 503-329-2802
Keywords: Signature Healthcare at Home, Salem , Full-Time Transitional Care Coordinator/RN, Healthcare , Salem, Oregon
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!