MLS Medical Technologist - Microbiology
Company: Salem Health Hospitals & Clinics
Posted on: July 12, 2019
Your Team. Your Choice. Choose Salem Health. Salem Health does more
than provide high quality patient care. It is an organization that
commits itself to empowering teams to create, innovate, and dream.
We are looking for individuals who can challenge the status quo,
raise the bar, and embrace change. At Salem Health, we want
trailblazers, self-starters, and creative thinkers to drive
improvement in the health care arena where "patient-centered" is
more than just words.Salem Health is currently seeking a talented
MLS Medical Technologist to join our team! As the MLS Medical
Technologist you will:
- Be responsible for accurate and timely reporting of high
complexity laboratory test results with minimal supervision.
- Be capable of performing pre-analytical, analytical, and
post-analytical duties including specimen evaluation, data
analysis, and instrument maintenance and problem resolution.
- Work with internal and external clients and providers including
other laboratory staff to perform their duties.
- Assist with teaching and/or training new students or
- Performs specimen testing based on CAP standards. Performs
quality assurance to confirm accuracy and/or quality of test
- Ensure instrumentation is properly calibrated, maintained and
that instrument calibration procedures are in accordance to
laboratory policies and procedures.
- Maintains compliance with proficiency testing and continuing
- Participates in efforts to identify opportunities to improve
and or cost optimize laboratory procedures and services.
- Complies with all laws and policies supporting the corporate
integrity of Salem Health by acting in an ethical and professional
manner. Also, performs all laboratory duties in a timely and
confidential manner in accordance with current regulatory and
- Additional duties may be assigned at the discretion of the
supervising staff to meet business needs.What you'll need:
- Bachelor of Science degree required, and a graduation and
certification from a recognized school of Medical Technology, or
- Requires current registration as MLS (ASCP), MT (AMT), MT
(HHS), MT (AAB) or equivalent corresponding to the area of
specialization. As a leader in the local industry, Salem Health
offers a generous total rewards package, an empowering culture, and
a commitment to the development and growth of our in-house talent.
Our work is grounded in respect for people and continuous
improvement and we invite you to partner with us to further our
mission. Salem Health is an equal opportunity employer. All
qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment
without regard to race, religion, color, gender, gender identity,
sexual orientation, age, national origin, disability, veteran
status, or any other status or condition protected by law.
Keywords: Salem Health Hospitals & Clinics, Salem , MLS Medical Technologist - Microbiology, Healthcare , Salem, Oregon
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!