MLS Medical Technologist or Medical Lab Tech
Company: Salem Health Hospitals & Clinics
Posted on: July 12, 2019
Your Team. Your Choice. Choose Salem Health. Salem Health does more
than provide high quality patient care. It is an organization that
commits itself to empowering teams to create, innovate, and dream.
We are looking for individuals who can challenge the status quo,
raise the bar, and embrace change. At Salem Health, we want
trailblazers, self-starters, and creative thinkers to drive
improvement in the health care arena where "patient-centered" is
more than just words.Salem Health is currently seeking a talented
MLS Medical Technologist or Medical Lab Tech to join our team! As
the MLS Medical Technologist you will:
- Be responsible for accurate and timely reporting of high
complexity laboratory test results with minimal supervision.
- Be capable of performing pre-analytical, analytical, and
post-analytical duties including specimen evaluation, data
analysis, and instrument maintenance and problem resolution.
- Work with internal and external clients and providers including
other laboratory staff to perform their duties.
- Assist with teaching and/or training new students or
- Performs specimen testing based on CAP standards. Performs
quality assurance to confirm accuracy and/or quality of test
- Ensure instrumentation is properly calibrated, maintained and
that instrument calibration procedures are in accordance to
laboratory policies and procedures.
- Maintains compliance with proficiency testing and continuing
- Participates in efforts to identify opportunities to improve
and or cost optimize laboratory procedures and services.
- Complies with all laws and policies supporting the corporate
integrity of Salem Health by acting in an ethical and professional
manner. Also, performs all laboratory duties in a timely and
confidential manner in accordance with current regulatory and
- Additional duties may be assigned at the discretion of the
supervising staff to meet business needs.What you'll need:
- Bachelor of Science degree required, and a graduation and
certification from a recognized school of Medical Technology, or
- Requires current registration as MLS (ASCP), MT (AMT), MT
(HHS), MT (AAB) or equivalent corresponding to the area of
specialization. Medical Lab Tech As the MLT Medical Lab Tech you
- Performs laboratory testing accurately and according to
specification in policies and procedure manuals. Requires technical
monitoring by a medical technologist or supervisor. Accurately
perform proficiency testing and competency testing as
- Organizes, prioritizes, performs tests and reports results
within minimum turnaround times. Works diligently under varying
workloads without diminished accuracy or loss of composure and able
to resolve problems.
- Specimens are processed appropriately and resolve specimen
problems without undue delays. Maintains positive specimen
identification throughout testing processes. Reviews results
critically before releasing. Verifies questionable orders.
- Performs Quality control procedures according to policy and
procedure. Investigates and documents problems and takes
appropriate corrective action. Notifies supervisor or medical
laboratory scientist of problems and actions.
- Maintains thorough knowledge of Laboratory Information System.
Is able to accurately and efficiently report results. Utilizes the
system appropriately and effectively.
- Monitors daily workload, keeping work up to date. Exhibits
flexibility and teamwork as workload requires. Timely follow up of
outstanding test requests, resolves problems and communicates
status of department effectively to oncoming shift. What you will
- Graduate from a recognized program of Medical Technology or
- MLT certification through ASCP, or the equivalent.
- Successful completion of a medical technician (MLT) internship.
As a leader in the local industry, Salem Health offers a generous
total rewards package, an empowering culture, and a commitment to
the development and growth of our in-house talent. Our work is
grounded in respect for people and continuous improvement and we
invite you to partner with us to further our mission. Salem Health
is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will
receive consideration for employment without regard to race,
religion, color, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age,
national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other status or
condition protected by law.
Keywords: Salem Health Hospitals & Clinics, Salem , MLS Medical Technologist or Medical Lab Tech, Healthcare , Salem, Oregon
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!