Company: Mecklenburg EMS Agency - Medic
Posted on: February 11, 2019
Job Title Paramedic Location Charlotte, NC Department Operations FLSA Status Non-Exempt Shifts hiring Full-time ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Based on medical and trauma protocols, and assessment of patient condition, provides basic and advanced life support; which include interpreting EKG's, defibrillation, administering medications, including controlled substances, endotracheal intubation, cricothyrotomy, and chest decompression, and any other life saving measures as indicated through the Agency's Medical Protocol.
- Responds to instructions from emergency medical dispatcher and drives a specially equipped emergency vehicle to specified locations.
- Work assigned schedule; work extended hours/overtime when necessary to ensure 24/7 emergency coverage for community; able to work effectively for extended periods without regular or guaranteed meal or break periods. SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES This job has no supervisory responsibilities. QUALIFICATIONS To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE One year certificate from college or technical school; or three to six months related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience. LANGUAGE SKILLS Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of organization. MATHEMATICAL SKILLS Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages, area, circumference, and volume. Ability to apply concepts of basic algebra and geometry. REASONING ABILITY Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations. CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT
- Maintain insurability with Agency's insurance carrier
- Respiratory Fit Testing
- Agency Approved Driving Course
- All Mandatory In-service Training
- Medically fit for duty as determined by Agency appointed physicians (able to perform essential functions of positions with or without reasonable accommodation and without posing a treat of harm to self or others)
- Able to work flexible hours; able to work holidays, nights and weekends
- This position is considered a critical function within the Agency; subject to call back and overtime if required
- Must be able to stand, walk, and sit for extended periods; have dexterity to use hands to finger, handle or feel; reach with hands, and arms; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl; talk or hear; and taste or smell. The employee must regularly lift and/or move more than 100 pounds. Vision requirements include near vision (20/40 or better each eye with or without correction), distance vision (20/40 or better each eye with or without correction), color vision, peripheral vision (at least 70 degrees), depth perception, and ability to adjust focus. Employee must be capable of safely operating and driving a commercial vehicle in a high stress environment.
- Must learn to adapt to changes without compromise and become proficient quickly
- Must be alert at all times or pay close attention to details
- Must be able to work under pressure in medical emergencies
- Must be able to communicate clearly in writing and verbally
- Must be able to operate effectively in unpredictable situations
- Must adhere to all work rules, procedures and standards
- Current NC - EMT Paramedic Certification, BCLS, ACLS, PALS
- Valid Drivers License HIPAA PRIVACY ACT Will limit access to protected health information (PHI) to the information reasonably necessary to do the job. Will share information only on a need to know basis for work purposes. Access to verbal, written and electronic PHI for this job has been determined based on job level and job responsibility within the organization. Computerized access to PHI for this job has been determined as described above and is controlled via user ID and password. PHYSICAL DEMANDS The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl; talk or hear; and taste or smell. The employee must regularly lift and/or move more than 100 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus. MENTAL DEMANDS/REQUIREMENTS Must learn to adapt to changes without compromise and become proficient quickly. Must be alert at all times or pay close attention to details. Must be able to communicate clearly in writing and verbally. Must be able to operate effectively in unpredictable situations. Must adhere to all work rules, procedures and standards. WORK ENVIRONMENT The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently exposed to outside weather conditions. The employee is occasionally exposed to wet and/or humid conditions; moving mechanical parts; high, precarious places; fumes or airborne particles; toxic or caustic chemicals; extreme cold; extreme heat; risk of electrical shock; explosives; risk of radiation; and vibration. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Keywords: Mecklenburg EMS Agency - Medic, Salem , Paramedic, Healthcare , Salem, Oregon
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!