Radiation Therapist Opportunities - Medford, OR
Posted on: November 20, 2023
Radiation Therapist Opportunities
Radiation Therapist Opportunity
External candidates may be eligible for a Recruitment Bonus and/or
Questions? Contact us at
Asante is more than a great hospital system in an amazing location.
We are a community of passionate providers and service-focused
caregivers who collaborate to deliver amazing patient outcomes; a
place where titles don't matter as much as your creativity, drive,
Our culture, values and people create an environment of sustained
medical excellence. All three Asante hospitals have earned five
stars from CMS for overall quality the top rating given. In fact,
Asante accounts for three of the five Oregon hospitals to achieve
this rare honor.
The Radiation Therapist has the opportunity to inspire confidence
in patient care by operating treatment machines in the department,
treating patients in a consistent and caring manner following the
Radiation Oncologist's prescription and treatment plan.
The Heimann Cancer Center is a brand-new comprehensive Cancer
Center, opened in 2022! It is the most advance home for cancer
treatment in the region. Heimann Cancer Center offers everything
from advanced imaging, labs and top-of-the-line treatment to
pharmacy and expanded support services, greatly increasing the ease
and access of cancer services for patients.
Radiation Oncology: State of the art technology
Three Treatment Bunkers: Two treatment machines and an empty large
bunker with efficient shielding to house any machine in the near
- Sculpts the dose with High-definition MLCs:HD120 multileaf
collimator sculpts the dose with high conformity while sparing
surrounding tissue and/or organs at risk.
- The PerfectPitch 6 DoF couch allows precise patient positioning
based on 3D image guidance.
- IDENTIFY system.
- Flexible, High-Performance Beam Generation.
- Faster cone-beam CT (CBCT) acquisitions for breath-hold
treatments than prior versions.
- Capability of Short arc CBCT allows fast 3D CBCT image
acquisition within a single breath hold.
- Accommodates a variety of treatments and techniques including
stereotactic radiosurgery (SRS), stereotactic body
radiotherapy(SBRT), and deep inspiration breath hold(DIBH) using
the SGRT system without the need to use gating technology.
- 0-8 electron energies and 7 photon energies. Radixact Machine:
The latest generation of Tomotherapy platform
- Image guided, intensity modulated radiation therapy (IG-IMRT),
featuring best-in-class clinical workflows and highly conformal
treatments enabled by a unique ultra-fast multi-leaf collimator
- Continuous 360oprecisiondriving clinical efficiency.
- Integrated helical fan-beam kVCT imaging, real-time motion
synchronization and automated adaptive planning and dose
- Offers true CT imagine capabilities with a unique helicasl fan
beam imaging design providing a KV beamline producing ClearRT
images and an MV beamline producing CTrue IR images.
- Ability to image a meter (3 feet) in a minute.
- Targets of up to 135 cm in length can be treated, with no need
to reposition the patient and with no field junctions.
- 50 times faster leaf speed than conventional linac MLCs.
- The Radixact System now features Accuray's unique Synchrony
real-time motion synchronization technology. It is designed to
correct for tumors that move as a result of bodily processes,
including respiration and digestion, as well as patient
- Large Bore GE discovery scanner equipped with Metal Artifact
Reduction (MAR). As the Radiation Therapist at Asante, you will
have the opportunity to:
- Closely interact with and treating patients while building
supportive, nurturing relationships with the patient.
- Provide accurate and precise delivery of radiation in a dynamic
teamwork favored atmosphere.
- Work closely with Radiation Oncologists and nursing staff to
coordinate consistent patient care and treatment.
- Develop and maintain a scientific understanding of radiation,
its effects, and how to safely deliver it using a linear
accelerator and Tomotherapy unit.
- Acquire patient data using a CT scanner and build positioning
devices while partnering with seasoned dosimetrists.
- Work with physics and engineering staff to problem solve and
report machine problems.
- Thorough knowledge of theory, practices, procedures, and
equipment used in the field of radiation oncology is required.
- Experience in CT highly preferred . Licensure/Certifications
- Licensed in Radiation Therapy by the Oregon Board of Medical
Imaging (OBMI) with certification in Radiation Therapy ARRT (T)
required upon start.
- BLS: Basic Life Support for the Healthcare Provider certified
by the American Heart Association (AHA) required upon start. What
- Competitive starting wage
- Comprehensive benefits including medical, dental, vision, and
- Excellent retirement package with up to 6% employer
- Generous Earned Time Off
- Tuition reimbursement after one year of service
- Tuition Repayment About Asante and Southern Oregon
Asante is a local, community owned and governed, not-for-profit
organization that provides comprehensive health care services to
more than 550,000 people in a nine-county area of Southern Oregon
and Northern California. It includes Asante Ashland Community
Hospital in Ashland, Asante Rogue Regional Medical Center in
Medford, Asante Three Rivers Medical Center in Grants Pass, Asante
Physician Partners throughout the Rogue Valley, and additional
health care partnerships. Virtually all medical specialties and
services are represented within an organization dedicated to
providing exceptional care. With over 5,000 employees, Asante's
entities offer outstanding opportunities for career advancement and
professional growth. At Asante your work positively impacts your
family, friends, neighbors and the community. Experience the
difference in how you work, how you live and how you connect.
At Asante we are defined by our values - traits that guide us as we
serve patients and the community:
Excellence - Respect - Honesty - Service - Teamwork
Asante is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to employ
and advance in employment women, minorities, qualified individuals
with disabilities and protected veterans.
Keywords: Asante, Salem , Radiation Therapist Opportunities - Medford, OR, Healthcare , Salem, Oregon
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!