Nurse Practitioner - Occupational Medicine
Posted on: September 20, 2023
Department: Occupational MedicinePosition Type & FTE: Full-time,
1.0 FTEShift Type: DaysPioneering healthcare since 1896, Salem
Health is a top workplace offering market-leading pay where you can
make a difference in the lives of those in the community where you
live. Through incorporation of Lean driven principles, staff are
able to effect change in the organization to solve problems, and
drive continuous improvement.
As an employer of choice, we are devoted to assuring that we
provide a safe, healthy, and patient-centric workplace, while
keeping staff wellbeing and satisfaction top of mind.We invite you
to learn more about our wonderful community: There's something
about Salem, Oregon!
Your Role With Us:Salem Health is seeking an Occupational Medicine
Nurse Practitioner to join our team providing work injury
management and pre-employment care to Marion county and surrounding
communities. The ideal candidate will have a background in Primary
Care, Urgent Care or have previous Occupational Medicine
- Hold a current, unencumbered Registered Nurse license in the
State of Oregon.
- Hold a current, unencumbered License as a Nurse Practitioner
through the Oregon State Board of Nursing.
- Possess a minimum Masters Degree in Nursing or in a field
deemed to be equivalent by the Oregon Board of Nursing.
- Satisfactory completion of a Nurse Practitioner Program
recognized by the Oregon Board of Nursing specific to the expanded
specialty in which privileges are being requested.
- Current certification as a Nurse Practitioner by the American
Nurses Credentialing Center (ANCC) or National Certification
Corporation (NCC), or an equivalent Medicare/Medicaid approved
certifying body, or be actively seeking certification and obtain
the same in the specialty area requested within 24 months of
privileges being granted at Salem Hospital.
- Documentation of current prescriptive authority by the State of
Oregon, if applicable to the area of practice, and DEA
certification, if applicable.
- Must be able to demonstrate experience in the specialty area in
the past 24 months. If this requirement is not met, an onboarding
plan may be developed for review and consideration.
- Possess professional liability insurance coverage in the amount
as approved by the Board.
- Previous experience in Primary Care, Urgent Care or
Occupational medicinestrongly preferredTotal Rewards Offerings:
- Up to $15,000 start bonus*
- Up to $30,000 student loan repayment*
- $4,000 annual Continuing Medical Education (CME)
- 200 hours paid time off (PTO) + 40 hours for CME*
- Relocation Assistance
- Full comprehensive medical, dental, and vision plans; Life
insurance; Short and long-term disability
- 401(K) retirement plan with employer contributions
- Employee Assistance Program
- Onsite fitness center with 24/7 badge access
- Public service loan forgiveness (PSLF) eligible employer*This
is based on a full time position, amounts will be prorated per
FTEWhy Salem Health?
- Not-for-profit hospital, licensed for 644 acute-care beds
- Largest private employer in the state of Oregon
- Level II trauma center and Life Flight hub
- Busiest emergency department on the West Coast
- Magnet designation
- EPIC EMR
- Designated as a Top Workplace in Oregon
- Community members honored Salem Health nine times in the "2022
Best of the Mid-Valley" awards
- Live amidst Oregon's Wine Country in the beautiful Willamette
- 1-hour drive to the Pacific Ocean, 1.5-hour drive to Mt. Hood,
and a 45-minute drive to Portland
- To learn more about our wonderful community and the beautiful
state of Oregon visit Travel Oregon - Oregon Vacations & Travel
GuideSalem Health Hospitals and Clinics is an equal opportunity
employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for
employment without regard to race, religion, color, gender, gender
identity, sexual orientation, age, national origin, disability,
veteran status, genetic information, or any other status or
condition protected by law.Salem Health Hospitals and Clinics is
committed to providing access, equal opportunity and reasonable
accommodation for applicants. If reasonable accommodation is needed
to participate in the job application or interview process, to
perform essential job functions, and/or to receive other benefits
and privileges of employment, please contact
Keywords: Nurse.com, Salem , Nurse Practitioner - Occupational Medicine, Healthcare , Salem, Oregon
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!