Medical Technologist II(7/7)
Company: Quest Diagnostics
Posted on: May 27, 2023
Medical Technologist II - Salem, OR
Monday-Friday (Day Shift)
**$10,000 Sign on Bonus - external candidates only**
The base hourly wage range for this position is from $34.75-$38.00.
Salary offers are based on a wide range of factors including
relevant skills, training, experience, education, and, where
applicable, certifications obtained. Market and organizational
factors are also considered. Successful candidates may be eligible
to receive annual performance bonus compensation.
-Perform test procedures of moderate/high complexity requiring the
exercise of independent judgement and responsibility in those
specialties in which they are qualified by education, training and
- Must demonstrate proficiency in all areas of testing and be
proficient troubleshooting all applicable instruments/procedures in
- Provides support to the department in the areas of quality
control, troubleshooting complex problems, customer support,
instrument and equipment maintenance, staff training, process
improvement and the completion of special projects as
- Perform and report on assigned analytical tests in accordance
with applicable Standard Operating Procedures (SOP) ensuring that
applicable quality control requirements are met.
- Actively support and comply with laboratory policies and
procedures for specimen handling and processing, test analysis,
reporting and maintaining records of patient test results.
- Adhere to analytical schedules to maintain turnaround time of
results including STATS or critical results to clients.
- Ensure reagents/test kits have received dates, expiration dates
and if applicable opened dates.
- Perform and document QC analysis to ensure accuracy of clinical
data and proper instrument function. Make quality control decisions
regarding the disposition of an assay or test.
- Responsible for informing supervisory personnel of all problems
associated with the proper performance of test procedures.
- Report any actual or potential deviation from standard or
accepted testing procedures and cooperate fully with any
investigation of same.
- Enter test results into the Laboratory Information System for
standardized report to be generated for physician review and
- Maintain laboratory areas and equipment in a safe, functional
and sanitary condition.
- Complete training and competency checklists as
- May assist supervisor with training of other laboratory
- Adheres to all established CLIA, HIPAA, OSHA and laboratory
- Required to use (a) personal protective equipment, (b)
engineering controls and/or (c) work practice controls as directed
- Answer questions from clients or other lab personnel, if
- Participate in government or regulatory agency inspections, if
- May be required, in the absence of a Supervisor, to assume lead
responsibilities if qualified and delegated.
- Other duties as assigned. This is not an exhaustive list of all
duties and responsibilities, but rather a general description of
work performed by the position. Qualifications
Required Work Experience:
One (1) year full-time experience or training (high complexity
testing) in a clinical laboratory setting.
Preferred Work Experience:
Minimum of 3 years clinical experience with most current year in
Physical and Mental Requirements:
- The normal performance of duties may require lifting and
carrying objects: Objects 1 to 10 pounds are lifted and carried
frequently; objects 11 to 25 pounds are lifted and carried
occasionally; objects 36 to 50 pounds are seldom lifted or carried
and objects over 50 pounds are not to be lifted or carried without
- Ability to stand and work at the bench for long periods of
- Frequent walking and/or standing.
- May be required to use a wide variety of manual and automated
pipettes and laboratory instruments and apparatuses all of which
demand significant manual dexterity. Knowledge:
- Comprehensive theoretical and operational job knowledge in
designated specialty required.
- Knowledge of organizational/departmental policies and
- BS/BA in Medical Technology, Chemistry or Biology, or
Associates degree in a Laboratory Science or Medical Technology, or
Previously qualified as a Technologist under 42 CFR 493. 1433
published in March 14, 1990.
- Foreign educated candidates must provide a detailed credential
evaluation from IERF (International Education Research Foundation).
United States educated candidates must provide a detailed original
- Proven leadership and problem-solving skills.
- Must be detail-oriented, have the ability to work
independently, establish work priorities and to handle several
tasks simultaneously for maximum department efficiency.
- Interpersonal skills necessary to deal courteously and
effectively with supervisors, co-workers and clients.
- Communication skills necessary to handle telephone inquiries
- Ability to deal with client information in a confidential
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel and Outlook) and
Laboratory Information Systems.
Keywords: Quest Diagnostics, Salem , Medical Technologist II(7/7), Healthcare , Salem, Oregon
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...