Oral Surgery Dental Assistant - Located in Salem, OR
Company: Willamette Dental Group
Posted on: March 18, 2023
Starting wage from $19.06 to $29.73 per hour, depending on
experience. Offering a generous new hire total compensation package
which includes, but is not limited to:
- Paid time off, holiday pay, 401K, medical, dental, vision,
life, disability, license reimbursement and continuing education
funds. The Oral Surgery Dental Assistant provides the Oral Surgeon
with assistance in the delivery of dental care and service in order
to achieve the best possible treatment for the patient. Essential
- The specialty dental assistant must be proficient with general
assisting (oral surgery experience preferred), utilizing multiple
- Prepare and maintain instruments, equipment and materials for
all dental procedures, while ensuring patients are as relaxed and
comfortable as possible.
- Work under the supervision of an Oral Surgeon to perform all
aspects of fourhanded dentistry and dental assisting within the
scope outlined by his/her state's dental practice act including
anticipating Oral Surgeon's needs for surgical instruments for
- Expertise at obtaining thorough medical history, current
medications, necessary consents and the ability to connect with the
- Serve as anesthesia assistant during intravenous moderate
sedation or general anesthesia as well as experience with nitrous
and oral sedation.
- Assist during medical emergency by managing vitals, take manual
blood pressure and crash cart maintenance.
- Counsel out patients in post-operative care and general oral
health, as well as demonstrate an understanding of evidence based
- Oregon Dental Radiologic Proficiency certificate, required or
willing to obtain.
- Oregon EFDA (Expanded Functions Dental Assistant) certificate,
required or willing to obtain.
- DAANCE certification required within 1 year of hire date.
- Active Dental Assistant Registration at hire.
- DAANCE certification required within 1 year of hire date. Idaho
- Idaho Expanded Functions certificate(s), required or willing to
obtain COVID Requirements:
- Current government mandates require full COVID vaccination
status, or lawful exemption status, for all persons, including
student externs, who will be working or present in an Oregon health
- Quarantine may be required for persons working or present in a
health care facility, experiencing signs or symptoms of COVID
infection or after being exposed to someone who is COVID
- Willamette Dental follows requirements and precautions for
COVID issued by OSHA, CDC and other agencies of the state and
federal governments. To learn more about how Willamette Dental
Group is keeping our employees safe, please visit
- A stable, dentist-owned private company with an eye on the
- Excellent benefits including:
- Paid time off
- 401k $1 for $1 match up to 5% of your compensation or the IRS
limit for 401(k) contributions, whichever comes first
- Medical, dental, life and disability insurances
- Tuition reimbursement
- A culture of inclusivity and respect in line with our core
values of health, compassion, innovation and integrity.
- Supportive community outreach dollars and encouragement to
- Thorough employee orientation and onboarding. We are:
- A provider and employer of choice in the Northwest for 50
- Dental insurance + providers in over 50 general and specialty
offices in OR, WA and ID.
- Dedicated to proactive care to facilitate the best possible
Willamette Dental Group is an equal opportunity employer.
We evaluate qualified candidates without regard to race, color,
religion, sex, national origin, veteran status and other protected
characteristics. This job description is not meant to be an
all-inclusive list of duties and responsibilities, but constitutes
a general definition of the position's scope and function in the
company. This position may be exposed to PHI in the course of
his/her duties, and will handle protected information (PHI) in a
manner consistent with the Health Insurance Portability and
Accountability Act of 1996 (HIPAA).
Keywords: Willamette Dental Group, Salem , Oral Surgery Dental Assistant - Located in Salem, OR, Healthcare , Jefferson, Oregon
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...