Company: Northwest Human Services, Inc.
Posted on: August 6, 2022
Job DescriptionSalary: $16-$21 DOENorthwest Human Services is a
non-profit leader in providing advocacy, quality healthcare and
social services in Marion and Polk counties since 1970.Medical
Assistant Site Location: West Salem Clinic - 1233 Edgewater St NW
Position Status: Full Time - Monday through Friday & rotating
SaturdaysSign-On Bonus: $1000ABOUT US:Northwest Human Services is a
mission focused organization providing compassionate and
professional medical, dental, psychiatry, mental health, and
wraparound services for those in our community who need it most -
uninsured individuals, families, the homeless, and migrant workers.
Our multidisciplinary teams are fully integrated, allowing us to
provide our patients with exceptional coordinated care. The
leadership and Board of Directors at NWHS support our staff with a
variety of training and development opportunities as we continue to
expand our programs and community offerings. We strive to instill a
workplace culture based on inclusivity, open communication, and
positive support. YOUR ROLE at NWHS:As an active member of the care
team, you are primarily responsible for assisting patients
throughout routine office visits and health management. In this
role, you will contribute to monitoring and maintaining the
patient's health record through careful, accurate, and complete
performance of tasks and documentation. You will ensure patients
are notified of pending or due exams and screenings and monitor
referrals and other reports to ensure positive health outcomes.
Additionally, our medical assistants perform in-house point of care
tests, vision and hearing tests, EKG spirometry, ear irrigation,
dressing applications, and demonstrates competency in SQ and IM
injections of authorized medications. QUALIFICATIONS:
- CPR certified in infant, child, and adult levels.
- Knowledge and ability to perform patient care duties as
- Ability to communicate and interact with coworkers and patients
efficiently, courteously, politely, and effectively.
- Ability to work flexible hours.
- Ability to work with diverse cultures and lifestyles.
- Reliable mode of transportation to and from work. PREFERRED
- One year of experience in a medical clinic setting
- Medical Assistant Certification as a RMA, CMA, NCMOA, or
- Education and training in a Medical Assistant/Nursing/Medical
program that includes coursework pharmacology/administration of
- Bilingual in English/another language and able to pass
proficiency testing. Must be willing/able to interpreter as needed
in clinic. Summary of Benefits: Our Board of Directors and
Administration strives to provides a benefits program that is
comprehensive, competitive within our industry, and affordable for
- Full Comprehensive Medical with 2 plans, Dental, and
- Flex Spending Account
- Group Life: Short Term & Long Term Disability 100% paid by
- 403(b) retirement plan with 3% employer match
- 10 hours of monthly Paid Time Off based on FTE
- 7 ½ paid holidays each year + 2 floating holidays.
- Continuing Education Plan
- Employee Healthy Living ProgramIf you are interested in joining
a team that makes a difference in the lives of many, please apply
online!For more information, please contact the HR/Recruiting
Department at:Office: 503-588-5828 - Email: email@example.com
Equal Opportunity Employer: We celebrate diversity and are
committed to creating an inclusive environment for all
employees.All candidates who receive a written offer of employment
will be required to undergo criminal records check.Northwest Human
Services complies with the Oregon COVID-19 Vaccination Requirement
for Healthcare Providers and Healthcare Staff in Healthcare
Settings. Every candidate who accepts a position with Northwest
Human Services will be required to provide proof of being fully
vaccinated against COVID-19 prior to starting employment ("Fully
vaccinated" means having received both doses of a two-dose COVID-19
vaccine or one dose of a single-dose COVID-19 vaccine, and at least
14 days have passed since the individual's final dose of COVID-19
vaccine). Details can be found on the Oregon Health Authority site
Keywords: Northwest Human Services, Inc., Salem , Medical Assistant, Healthcare , Salem, Oregon
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!