Orthodontic Dental Assistant
Company: Willamette Dental Group
Posted on: August 2, 2022
To learn more about how Willamette Dental Group is keeping our
employees safe, please visit - The Orthodontic Dental Assistant
must be proficient with general assisting (orthodontic and/or
Invisalign experience preferred) to provide the Orthodontist with
assistance in the delivery of dental care and service in order to
achieve the best possible treatment for the patient.
- Perform all dental procedures permitted consistent with the
applicable state laws and regulations. -
- Change orthodontic wires, appliances and other apparatus' as
directed by the orthodontist.
- Prepare and maintain instruments, equipment and materials for
all dental procedures, while ensuring our patients are as relaxed
and comfortable as possible.
- Be able to counsel out patients in post-operative care and
general oral health, as well as demonstrate an understanding of
evidence based dentistry. -
- Take impressions of patients' teeth for study casts; pour and
trim patient study models as needed. Job Qualifications Oregon
- Oregon Dental Radiologic Proficiency certificate, required or
willing to obtain.
- Oregon EFODA (Expanded Function Orthodontic Dental Assistant)
certificate, required or willing to obtain.Washington
- Active Dental Assistant Registration at hire.Idaho
- Idaho Expanded Functions certificate(s), required or willing to
- Current government mandates require full COVID vaccination
status, or lawful exemption status, for all persons, including
student externs, who will be working or present in an Oregon or
Washington health care facility.
- A pending federal government mandate may require other
individuals to attain full COVID vaccination status, lawful
exemption status or weekly COVID testing. These rules will be
implemented as required by the law.
- Quarantine may be required for persons working or present in a
health care facility, experiencing signs or symptoms of COVID
infection or after being exposed to someone who is COVID
- Willamette Dental follows requirements and precautions for
COVID issued by OSHA, CDC and other agencies of the state and
federal governments. Company OverviewWe provide:
- A stable, dentist-owned private company with an eye on the
- Excellent benefits, including paid time off, 401K with generous
company match, and medical dental, life and disability insurances.
- A culture of inclusivity and respect in line with our core
values of Health, Compassion, Innovation and Integrity.
- Supportive community outreach dollars and encouragement to
- Thorough employee orientation and onboarding.We are:
- A provider and employer of choice in the Northwest for 50
- Dental insurance + providers in over 50 general and specialty
offices in OR, WA and ID.
- Dedicated to proactive care to facilitate the best possible
outcomes. Willamette Dental Group is an equal opportunity
employer.We evaluate qualified candidates without regard to race,
color, religion, sex, national origin, veteran status and other
protected characteristics.This job description is not meant to be
an all-inclusive list of duties and responsibilities, but
constitutes a general definition of the position's scope and
function in the company.This position may be exposed to PHI in the
course of his/her duties, and will handle protected information
(PHI) in a manner consistent with the Health Insurance Portability
and Accountability Act of 1996 (HIPAA).
Keywords: Willamette Dental Group, Salem , Orthodontic Dental Assistant, Healthcare , Salem, Oregon
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!