Registered Nurse (RN)
Company: Catholic Community Services of the Mid-Willamette
Posted on: June 26, 2022
*$2,000 Hiring Bonus*Catholic Community Services is a
faith-based organization, rooted in the values of Love, Justice,
Truth, and Freedom, that has been serving the Mid Willamette Valley
and Central Coast for over 80 years. We are committed to providing
the best care for those that we serve and advancement opportunities
for our staff. At CCS, not only will you to work with extraordinary
people, you will receive a competitive wage, earn 20 days of paid
time off in your first year of employment, and have excellent
company paid health benefits. Join us today! Become a champion in
the lives of others!Wage: $31.76 - $38.37 / hourlyBonus: $2,000
Hiring BonusSchedule: Monday - Friday 9am-5pm (on-call weekend
rotation)Location: Supports homes in Albany, Salem, Woodburn, Mt.
Angel, and CanbyType: Full Time / ExemptBenefits we provide:
- 4 weeks Accrued Paid Time Off (PTO) per year
- 100% Medical/ Vision Coverage for Employees
- 50% Medical coverage for dependent/ spouse
- 401(k) Retirement Plan Employer Match
- Flexible Spending Account (FSA)
- Life Insurance Plan
- 10 Paid Holidays/ Holiday Pay
- Mileage Reimbursement
- Jury Duty Paid Leave
- Bereavement Leave
- Wellness Activity Discounts
- Annual performance evaluations and pay increases
- Employee appreciation eventsAdditional Benefits Offered:
- Multiple Dental Plan Options
- Supplemental Life Insurance
- Discount Gym Memberships with Medical Enrollment
- Aflac Voluntary Supplemental Insurance
- Legal Guidance
- Work-life Solutions
- Will Preparation
- 24/7 Resource Support & Information
- Employee Referral Program
- On the Job TrainingGeneral Position SummaryPlanning,
supervision, and direct implementation of nursing services for
people with developmental disabilities.Minimum Requirements
- Two years' experience in the field of developmental
- Current license as a Registered Nurse in the state of Oregon
with no restrictions.
- High School Diploma/GED.
- Current certification in CPR and First Aid or ability to obtain
certification within 30 days of employment.
- Certificate for the RN Delegation self-test.
- Be able to lift up to 65 pounds for a total of up to 130 pounds
in a two-person lift.
- Follow all safety rules, regulations, policies and procedures
to promote a safe work environment at all times.
- Reliable transportation, valid driver's license (or the ability
to obtain a valid Oregon driver license within 30 days of hire) and
a driving record that permits coverage under the agency's corporate
auto liability policy and personal automobile liability insurance
- Proof of COVID-19 vaccination.Preferred Qualifications, Skills,
Knowledge, and Abilities
- Knowledge of RN nursing practice and skills.
- CPR and First Aid Skills.
- Knowledge of OAR applicable standards and other state
- Knowledge of RN and LPN standards and scope of practice as
outlined by the Oregon State Board of Nursing.
- Knowledge regarding all Nursing and CCS policies, procedures,
and statement of purpose.
- Knowledge of Individual Support Plans for customers.
- Knowledge of Emergency Response Procedures.
- Knowledge of Self Determination Principles and Practices.
- Knowledge of Person/Customer Rights.
- Ability to provide medical supervision of the developmentally
- Ability to communicate effectively (written and oral) and
appropriately with verbal or non-verbal individuals.
- Ability to respond to changing health care needs.
- Ability to gather data and document accurately in written and
- Ability to complete tasks on time and meet deadlines.
- Ability to maintain confidential information.
- Ability to train and supervise staff.
- Ability to work as a team member.
- Ability to be accurate and efficient.
- Ability to prioritize workload.
- Ability to be flexible and work in a fast-paced
- Ability to lift 65 lbs. using safe lifting techniques at all
times.Essential Position Functions and Key Work Processes
- Provide nursing care, such as administering medications,
personal care activities, g-tube feedings etc. as required for
- Coordinate care for customers who are aging and have increased
- Monitor the health care needs of customers with nurse/patient
- Delegate nursing tasks as assigned to unlicensed persons
according to the Oregon State Board of Nursing Nurse Practice Act.
Ensure appropriate documentation of instructions and/or
- Periodically observe and evaluate the skills and abilities of
staff to perform authorized nursing duties.
- Responsible for the instruction and mentoring of staff
medication administration and documentation.
- Remain available during assigned hours (scheduled shift or
on-call pager) to staff for customer medical advice for customers
who have nurse/patient relationships.
- Relate to customers in a continuous, consistent, warm, caring,
- Respond appropriately to immediate or urgent or emergent
customer needs, such as injuries and illness and provide or obtain
assistance as needed.
- Document, review, and report any medical needs, significant
incidents and other customer related information on approved forms
and/or in specified electronic locations.
- Review customer medication administration records for accuracy
- Complete medication error report to be turned in monthly to the
Adult Services Program Director.
- Adhere to all county and state regulations.
- Maintain a nursing care plan that must be updated no less than
every 60 days.
- Maintain and review medical notes as required. Maintain an
annual nursing assessment for each customer with a nurse/patient
- Make appointments or discuss medical concerns as needed with
health care providers (physicians, dentists, physical therapy,
occupational therapy speech therapy, orthotics, dietician and other
- Consult with the pharmacy on medication management.
- Accompany staff to customer doctor appointments as needed.
- Conduct in-service trainings to staff as needed.
- Complete 12 hours of work-place training per calendar year as
required by Catholic Community Services.
- Attend and actively participate in agency and customer related
meetings and during in-service training opportunities.
- Provides direct monitoring, assessment, and staff training of
health care services including customer specific interventions,
treatment protocols, and improvement of health care outcomes.
- Provides guidance during customer emergency situations.
- Functions as a liaison and advocate for the individuals served
when working with physicians, psychiatrists, hospitals, and
consultants including RD, OT, PT, SLP, etc.
- Develop nursing care plan for individuals, as needed that at a
minimum should include the individual's health support needs, any
environmental concerns that present challenges to the person's
health and safety, the individual's key health beliefs and health
behaviors including behaviors that create potential and current
risk and any teaching or delegation needs that should be
Keywords: Catholic Community Services of the Mid-Willamette , Salem , Registered Nurse (RN), Healthcare , Salem, Oregon
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!